A Loss In Itself

As soon as Derek Morgan caught sight of his friend he let out a big cheer, "everybody look who it is" he shouted and the whole area burst into applause, every single member of the BAU walked out beside Morgan smiles on there faces, even Hotch was hinting a sign of happiness.

Reid's check turned to bright red as he murmured thanks you's and speed walked to the conference room his cheeks getting redder by the second.

By the time the commotion has quieted down Reid was sitting all they way backed up in the corner of conference room five, his head in a book as he tried to calm his racing heart.

The door reopened and the team entered all of them laughing over something completely irrelevant, they looked over at Reid and Prentiss raised an eyebrow "what you think just because you are a cripple we gonna go easy on you" Morgan said slapping him on the shoulder making him wince.

"No" Reid said his voice low as he shut the book and walked over to the table.

Taking a seat next to JJ, Reid slipped his hand into hers and squeezed it, "Atlantic City has asked for our help after two victims, Claire Wilcok and Jason Barnes showed up dead only two days apart, both died from a gunshot to the wound and had black hair blue eyes" Hotch said pausing as he looked to the team.

"So it appears we have a target and a age group between 20-25, we will learn more when we get there"

"Wheels up in thirty" Hotch said and then they all left the room, Reid following JJ to her office.

"See that wasn't so bad was it" she said bending down to one of her drawers "no" he did in a quiet voice and she smiled gently punching his shoulder "ow" he winced not realising how sensitive he really was, JJ chuckled and handed Reid a gym bag, it was filled with clothes for the pair of them.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So pretty boy, I haven't heard from you in weeks what's been happening" Morgan said as the two walked down the boardwalk heading for the first crime scene.

"Not much" he said with a causal shrug as he tried to look as normal as possible, "so got another date for the wedding" Morgan said he ducked under the yellow tape saying crime scene.

"Depends if Rossi well let us use his beach" Reid said copying the same movement as Morgan only doing his best to balance his weight out.

"You know he will, he loves you two" Morgan said pushing the door open, the two of them walked inside Reid's leg making a heavy clunk as his leg landed on wooden floor.

"So that thing right there" he said motioning to Reid's prosthetic "you can do anything with it" Morgan asked and Reid nodded "yep" he said shrugging his hands in his pocket.

"So I was thinking we could have your bachelor party in about two weeks, if we don't get pulled in for any cases" Morgan said as he crouched down at the kitchen opening up cupboards.

"Whats that" Reid asked as he checked under the couch, using his hands to support him "you know like guys night, no girls allowed its what you do before you get married" Morgan said standing back up "nothing" he mumbled walking over to the dining table "no thanks" Reid said and Morgan looked at him eyes widening "I'm your best man, and if I say your have a clucks night, your having a clucks night" Morgan said his voice dangerously threatening as he walked towards Reid.

"Ok, fine" Reid mumbled, pulling his shades down to cover his eyes from the light reflecting of the mirror.

kmsatts18 thanks for all your votes ❤️ hope your liking the story ❤️