Barking Up The Wrong Tree

Spencer Reid let out a sigh as he stood in front of the mirror green minty liquid spilling from his mouth, his hair looked like a mess as he had tossed and turned all night thinking about JJ and it didn't help that's she hadn't come back either.

Her face had looked so innocent last night, as she stared at him with confusion when he stormed off, he had to get away he hated people turning back on him it just plainly sucked, but he had left her alone with a serial killer on the loose.

Wiping his face Reid got changed and groomed his hair down, before attaching his gun to his hip and walking outside he let the cool air, refresh his body.

Walking over to the car he slid into the front seat, instantly feeling weird he had never been the driver it had always been JJ except in rare occasions, he had felt tempted to call her but he shook his head, she broke his trust she turned her back on him just like everyone else.

The car felt empty without her, so reaching for the radio he turned it up instantly regretting it when the song Bloodstream started playing, and he sighed he had let this happen the best thing that had ever happened to him was gone, he didn't even listen to her he just left her there alone.

He shook his head, instantly remembering the time JJ had told him she loved him, he had been lying underneath a pile of rubble breathing what felt to be his last breaths when he saw her face staring down at him, her eyes dripping with tears.

But he shook his head he couldn't fill his head with thoughts of the person who changed his life for what he thought was better only it turns it hadn't been.

Pulling up outside the station, he took a breath steeling his nerves, in just a few moments he would be facing her, the blue eyes that made his knees go weak the smile that made him unable to think straight.

"Reid" Morgan said instantly greeting his friend, "where's JJ" he asked a little more quietly so no one could her, "dunno" Reid said shrugging and as he tried to push past Morgan he felt a hand on his chest "did you to have a falling out or something" he asked concern growing in his voice, no one liked a grumpy Reid.

"Something like that" Reid said with a causal shrug but he was killing on the inside, his hands missed the feeling of her warm and smooth fingers, how could have ever let that go.

"Are you guys alright" Morgan said standing in front Reid and Reid ran a hand through his hair "I dunno, can we talk about this some other time."

Pushing past Morgan Reid walked to the area his team was located, he was ready to avoid JJ but there was no sign of her, so he let out a breath of air as a sign of relief.

Everyone gave him a confused look and Reid felt his stomach churn, it had become normal for JJ to show up with Reid it was weird for her not to be with her boyfriend.

Prentiss raised her eyebrow but Reid ignored it "did we get any missing reports" Reid asked as he looked up at Hotch who shook his head, "it seems we must have scared him off, for now our only concern is that we might have angered him so everyone be on there best lookout."

After the team started going off and checking new leads, Reid had stayed back reading his book on old serial killers, when his phone started buzzing in his pocket "hello" he said bringing it up to his ear, "hey Reid has you heard from JJ, we really need her to help out with the press."

"No" Reid said and Hotch sighed "can you try her cell please" Reid felt frozen he mumbled ok before handing up, as he scrolled down to her contact number he clicked call, hoping he would sound calmer then he thought.

There was no response and he sighed, there was a worrying sense growing inside of his body, as he waited for fifteen minutes to call her back, she didn't.

Deciding to go back to the last place he saw her, Reid pulled up outside the warehouse which looked so much nicer in daylight, he walked over to the spot were him and JJ had that fight and he felt his heart freeze when he saw a pile of blood there.

What had he done.

dyspathy love your comments