Runners

Spencer Reid walked into the bureau his hands tucked firmly into his pockets, and a beanie covered his head as he walked with his head down to Hotch's office.

He knew Hotch would know that Mason was dead, and Reid also knew he would be the best suspect so he had to clear things up before it got to messy.

Tapping on the door Reid took a breath waiting for Hotch's voice to tell him to enter, "Come in" a calm voice called and Reid with his head still down walked in and shut the door behind him, before taking a seat.

"What can I help you with" Hotch said his eyes not leaving the mass of paper in front of him, Reid pulled the black hat of his head, and when Hotch finally looked at Reid he stood up "Reid" he exclaimed his eyes widening.

"Hotch I think I'm in trouble" Reid said sighing, and Hotch nodded "you need to get the hell away from here" he said his expression becoming panicked.

"I didn't kill him, I swear he pulled that trigger" Reid tired but Hotch shook his head "I know, but the whole force is looking for you, I am gonna call Morgan you can stay with him for a while until this all blows over."

"What about JJ?" Reid said not wanting to be without the blonde "Reid until this goes away you can't be anywhere near her, people are staking her place out."

Reid felt a stab of guilt, fearing they had seen him when he left her apartment this morning.

Hotch still in his panicked mode reached for his phone, he clicked a few buttons before holding it to his ear "Morgan, get your ass out of bed, meet me at the parking lot" Hotch demanded, then he ended the call.

Reaching into his drawers Hotch pulled out a pair of cuffs, "head down and just follow my lead" Reid nodded "I'll tell JJ for you, but Morgan can take you to his little cabin in the woods."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Derek Morgan stood with his arms folded across his chest as he leant against his giant car, waiting for Hotch to stroll through with the 'escapee' at his hands.

He heard footsteps and saw Hotch dragging a young and fit make towards him, they stopped only metres away from him when Hotch pulled the beanie off and Morgan's eyes widened "pretty boy" he said, a little smile appearing on his lips.

"Hey" Reid said and then there was the sound of more footsteps "Go" Hotch ushered them before he uncuffed the doctor and disappeared inside.

"Well you comin" Morgan said and Reid nodded jogging around to the other side of the car and sliding in.

"So where you been pretty boy, or should I say kid since your face ain't so pretty right now" Morgan said with a smile as he stared the ignition.

"Finishing it once and for all" Reid said honestly as he ran a hand through his hair, his hand was itching to call the blonde but he restrained himself.

"She missed you, you know?"

"Really?"

"Oh yea Reid, she was always fiddling with that locket of hers, and when these real good looking guys hit on her she just ignored them."

"Wait? When were guys hitting on her"

"When we went to a bar"

"Did you watch out for her"

"No"

"Why NOT!"

"Because she can take care of herself, just relax she only has eyes for you, even when you left her behind she pined for you she really did."

Reid felt himself blush, he had thought about her everyday, being able to get back to her and it would be just the two of them, well three including Henry.

"I'm sorry" Reid said and Morgan raised an eyebrow his eyes quickly darting back to Reid before they went back to the road "for what kid."

"For leaving, I just leave no reason, I don't deserve to be apart of the team."

"Hey Reid, we all have our flaws the thing that makes the team work together is the affect that we accept that."

A silence soon fell over them and Reid fished a little black box out of his pocket and started playing with his his thumb making the lid go back and fourth.

"What you got there" Morgan piped up "nothing" Reid mumbled, going to put it away but Morgan used his free hand and snatched it out of his hand.

"Woah, looks expensive" Morgan said a little grin on his face, "what are you thinking of doing with this" he said a little smirk on his face as Reid tried to grab it back.

"I uh" Reid stumbled becoming flustered, "well you see I want her and me, to be uh, umm, I want to be with her for the rest of my life and uh ummm" Reid stuttered his cheeks going red.

Morgan handed him back the ring, "so you want to propose it that what your trying to say" he said letting out a little chuckle.

Taking a deep breath Reid nodded.

"Yes I want to ask JJ to marry me"

"Well congrats man" Morgan said, and Reid suddenly felt worried.

"What if she says no, what if she doesn't want to marry me, what if it's to soon" he stumbled over his own words as he spoke incredibly fast.

"Calm down pretty boy, she's gonna say yes" Morgan said with an eye roll, "how do you know?" Reid asked chewing on his bottom lip.

"Because I know love, it's something that is very rare to find but that's what you and JJ have, everyone can see it, just the way you two look at each other, she's gonna say yes, it's not to soon because since the day you two meet, you were soulmates."

Morgan said and Reid nodded suddenly feeling more confident with himself.

"I'm gonna ask JJ to marry me" he said with a smile on his face.

"That my friend you are" Morgan said grinning, "but only when this is all over, I don't want to get arrested or something" Reid said still smiling.

"Right"

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me" Reid said more excited by the minute, a smile spread across his lips.

ssa_jeid geekygubler Ashleighpelham lindsayk2503 blacklovewhite arrows24 dyspathy ❤️❤️❤️
For all my loyal readers ❤️ luv you to the moon and back.