Review 49: Assassination Classroom (I wouldn't Mind THAT As A Teacher)!

Review 49: Assassination Classroom (I Wouldn't Mind Him As A Teacher)!

So 70% of the moon has gone, and there's a random Octopus that really... REALLY, likes teaching kids who have practically no chance at getting anywhere in life. So what the hell is that thing? 

I'm actually watching the anime as I'm writing this up right now, I'm quite enjoying it and it's quite amusing to watch. If anything, this would be quite boring if it wasn't for the personality of that weird Octopus thing that seems to love children. 
I also have my boyfriend moaning at me and saying "I told you so!" Cause he said I would enjoy this but i disagreed at first... And now I'm wrong. 

So the first things first, 70% of the moon has been destroyed by an un-known life source; which then happens to be this weird alien teacher. The military then place the alien in a classroom and have to try to explain to the children as to what is happening. In a year the Earth will be destroyed, just like the moon that is now in a permanent crescent shape. 
he really wants to get the kids grades up before he ends the world, he hasn't spoken about why he would like to blow up the Earth and nobody questioned it at the beginning. 

The kids he want's to teach belong in a class called E-3, which is more commonly known as "The end class." It's basically the last chance class, teachers decide to throw them out if they aren't doing as good as the other students; they end up in this pathetic excuse for a class. They aren't aloud to the main school campus and have to live in the old one which is tiny and looks more like a wooden shack then a school building. Other students pick on them constantly and then try to get them into trouble if they ever retaliate, 

The military come into class and tell them what the kids need to do; they are given special guns, knives and bullets; the bullets are only BB bullets but they contain something inside that are deadly to the Alien. Every other day the children try to murder their teacher with different strange ways, in-between them... They will be given 10 Billion. So I really don't blame them for trying to kill him every other second of the day. 
On the other hand... THIS TEACHER IS FREAKING AWESOME. I don't see why anyone would want to kill him, but then again, because of the circumstances and the hugeee pile of money involved. He's seriously funny, witty and pretty awesome, the kids even name him in since he doesn't even have one... It's quite a strange person/alien thing. 

So far I am enjoying this quite a lot, it's weird seeing the kids fall in love with him as he slowly tries different methods to teach them; he wants them to do the best that they can, slightly weird even though the world is going to be destroyed as soon as the year is up. 
Here are some of the main characters:

Korosensei: The name that he was given to him means,  "un-killable" A name that they decided on in the beginning since no one has even landed a hit on him yet. The only one that does cause some sort of damage is, Karma; but since the alien can regenerate in a matter of seconds, it doesn't really matter. He doesn't tell the kids much about himself, if anything he just wants to help them with their grades. His face changes with his emotions too, which is creepy and it changes the mood of the kids too, since it's that visible; when he gets green stripes, he feels superior to others, when a student gets something wrong he'll get a large X on his face and when they get something right he'll get a large O on his face... there is also shock, sadness, anger and angry which have the colors dark blue, light blue, red and then black... We don't get to see the black face that much since that's when he really loses his temper and mainly happens when a student is in some sort of trouble, (We see it in one of the first episodes when a student turns into a suicide bomber). He's about 3 meters tall, he can travel at the speed of light and loves to casually fly around the world whenever he has the chance; but he mainly just picks up food. 

Nagisa Shiota: So at first I thought that he was actually a girl, He's quite small and has blue hair and a waistcoat. We see things from his perspective and hear the thoughts inside of his head; he's interesting and seems to be the latest arrival to the "end class." He seems to be the most logical out of the majority of the students; he takes notes on the aliens weaknesses and writes down anything that has failed against him. He also seems to be the only one who plans out how to attack correctly and at the right time; he takes notes on the Aliens mood changes and when he let's his guard down, for example, after lunch he gets tired and is a bit more vulnerable then usual. Strangely enough he is bullied by two students who are on the main campus of the school, who are both incredibly nerdy and used to be in his class. He lives at home with his abusive parents, which surprisingly helps with him becoming an assassin and judging the aliens moves; because he can tell his own mothers moods and moments apart, it helps him figure out what kind of actions to take around the alien before going in for the strike. 

Karma Akabane: When we first meet him, he seems to be an utter true psychopath. He is incredibly violent and very smart... He is thrown into "The End" class after beating up a teacher; The teacher was always on his side since he had amazing grades and is incredibly smart, but after beating up another student the teacher admits that it was only for his reputation that has now been damaged by him. Even though the reason for beating up this students was for bull lying an end class student, the teacher still puts him down for it; and in the end, Karma beats him up... Strange to think that a student could actually do that aswell, especially when the teacher was a grown man. 

The rest of the class are actually quite involved when you think about it; It's not like in other animes where they just sit and not interact with the main characters. So I really enjoy the involvement that the other characters, that would be considered as NPC's, have with the main characters. They talk quite a bit and have a decent amount of interaction with Korosensei too. 

It is very funny, and I'm really enjoying it at the moment; I just don't want Korosensei to die! 

(I had already wrote a bit on this review, it just needed finishing off; that's why there are two that have been uploaded so close to each other). 
Thursday, 17th of October 2015    8:18pm     ~Amy