Chapter 77

About a month had passed, Alma had noticed Esmés stomach was showing slightly.

Esmé was becoming more clingy, enjoying being around Alma more than usual. The children haven't seemed to notice, but Miss Sparrow and other adults in the house had grown suspicious.

The younger woman had to start wearing less tight clothing, not wanting others to notice but it was becoming difficult.

"Hey sweetheart?" Alma said softly. "Miss Raven and Bluejay with be here soon."

"Oh, let me finish cleaning." She says, about to work on the dishes when Alma moved her away.

"I've got them, don't start overworking yourself."

"Just by doing the dishes?" Alma looked over and seen Miss Sparrow looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, she's been doing a lot of chores recently." Alma said, trying to ease any suspicion.

"No she hasn't. You've been doing all of them." Miss Sparrow pointed out.

"Well, I just wanted to help around more." Alma says, looking away for a moment.

"You're lying." The mentor says bluntly.

"Excuse me?" Alma said, a slight glare on her face.

"I said you're lying." She repeated. "I know there's something going on. And you don't have to tell me, but don't lie to me."

"I don't know if we should yet." Esmé says quietly and before Miss Sparrow could respond, Miss Raven and Bluejay came in.

"My darlings!" Miss Raven said happily, rushing over to bring the two into her arms. "How are you?"

"We're alright." Esmé says softly, smiling when the woman brought her into a tight hug, Alma holding back from warning the woman.

Esmé chuckled and hugged her back. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, sweetheart." Miss Raven grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Miss Bluejay brought her into a tight hug, bumping into her.

"Be gentle." Alma slips up and the woman eased off Esmé, but the younger woman shrugged it off and hugged her back.

"You aren't hurt are you?" She asked as she looked over Esmé.

"No, no." The younger woman says with a nervous smile, catching Miss Sparrows raised eyebrow and felt her cheeks burn.

"They're hiding something, I'm not sure what yet." Miss S said, sending the two a look.

"Don't be so pushy." Alma said with a glare. "It's not a flattering look on you."

The mentor sent her a glare and Ayn snuck up behind them with a smirk when she seen Alma grow uneasy.

"Told ya she's intimidating."

"You only think she's intimidating because you're attracted to her." Alma sneered with a roll of her eyes.

Miss Sparrow looked at the two unamused and Alma shared the look.

"Is no one going to tell us what's going on?" Miss Raven says, noticing Esmé tug down her shirt a little.

"It's just..." Esmé sighed. "No, sorry it's nothing." Alma took her hand and gave her a small sad look.

"You can tell them. If you want." She said gently.

"I don't know." Esmé says quietly, looking over her for a moment before catching her mentors gazes.

"What's going on?" Miss Bluejay asked, worried. Even Miss Sparrow seemed to grow a bit nervous.