Chapter 29

"Alma, come lay down." Esmé says softly.

"Let me finish putting my hair down, dear." She says, looking into the vanity as she unpinned her hair.

"Hurry I wanna cuddle." Esmé said as she watched the older woman closely. Alma chuckled at this as she quickly brushed through her hair.

As soon as she turned towards the bed, Esmé smiled and held her arms out, hugging the older woman tight, peppering her face in kisses.

"You're adorable." Alma said softly as she held her. "You're my darling dearest."

Esmé pressed a quick kiss to her ymbrynes lips and hugged her close, Alma chuckling when her glasses bumped against her.

"Alma do you have any idea, any at all, how perfect you are?" Esmé asked as she looked gently over her face.

"Darling, I could ask you the same." Alma says softly, smiling as she leaned into her hand that was placed on her cheek.

"You make me feel important." Alma said gently. "And special."

"You are, I wish you could see yourself the way I do." Esmé said gently.

"I could say the same for you." Alma says softly, looking over her gently. Esmé pressed a small kiss on her forehead and Alma returned the kiss, meeting her lips. "You're everything to me."

"And you're everything to me, my love." Esmé said softly as she held the older woman.

She rested her head against her shoulder, smelling the sweet vanilla that still remained faintly on her nightgown. She leaned into the woman's warmth and smiled when she felt Alma wrap her arm around her waist as she brought Esmé on top of her instead, both of them laying down.

Esmé smiled and this and nuzzled further into her. "You're so comfy. Good pillow."

Alma laughed at the comment and gently ran her hand over her back.

"Would you like me to take your glasses before I turn the light off?" She says and Esmé gently looked over her for a moment before finally nodding. "You've been falling asleep with them on for a few nights now."

"I like to see you when we cuddle. Makes me feel safer."

"Well I'm right here darling. And I'll always keep you safe."

Esmé hesitated as the older woman carefully took them off, feeling the younger woman tense for a moment before she layed her head down against Almas chest, listening to her soft heartbeat and relaxing against her.

"I love you, I'm still here Esmé, I'm not going anywhere." She said gently as she held the younger woman.

"I love you more." Esmé says against her, burying her face against her chest as she finally shut her eyes.

Alma smiled at this and didn't argue that she in fact loved her more. She pressed a soft kiss to her head as she held her.

She notices the younger woman rubbing her thumb over the ring on her finger and smiled a bit.

"You've been doing that a lot." She says softly.

"Doing what?" Esmé asks quietly, somewhat dozing off on top of her.

"Rubbing your ring with your thumb." Alma said softly.

"Oh, yeah. Reminds me of you I suppose. Makes me feel safe too." Esmé smiled a bit.

Alma smiled and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and gently rubbed her hand across her back.

Esmé hummed and relaxed further against her. Alma made her feel safe.