Chapter 39

"This is amazing." Alma said happily to her wife as she pointed at her plate with her fork. "You're a wonderful cook."

"Thank you." Esmé says with a bashful smile. The children were all in bed and it was just the two in the kitchen having dinner by candlelight.

Alma continued eating, not noticing Esmé zone out for a moment, staring at her.

"Does something have your attention, dear?" Alma asks, catching her gaze and Esmé hummed, looking over her wife with a small smile.

"You're beautiful." Esmé said as she looked over her gently. "Absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you, love." Alma says softly and looked over her for a moment.

"You're stunning." Alma said gently, moving to hold her hand.

Esmé looked over her wife one last time, then down at her hand where the two rings glistened in the candle light. Alma watched her gaze until the younger woman stood up, walking over and wrapping her tight in her arms as she curled up in her lap.

Alma grinned and kissed the woman on top of her gently. "I love you, my darling."

"I love you so so much more." Esmé says softly, enjoying the warmth of her and the sweet vanilla that surrounded her.

"You feel nice." Esmé said.

"Oh?" Alma smirked.

"I- well not like that-!" Esmé said, flustered. "Well you do feel nice- but- I-"

"No, I know exactly what you meant." Alma teases, Esmé sitting up in her lap with a bright blush.

"Rude." Esmé muttered, still red in the face.

Alma chuckled and pressed a gentle kiss on the woman's lips, Esmé smiling when she felt that feeling rise up in her stomach.

Esmé deepened the kiss, shifting on the older woman's lap. Alma hummed into her mouth at the feeling, digging her nails into Esmé's waist.

Esmé sat up to press herself further against her, Alma helping her up until she felt the chair tip back, both of them fumbling to sit back up but they both fell. Esmé landed on top of the older woman, both of them sharing a look before they started laughing.

"How about we go back to our room?" Alma suggested with a small laugh.

"Good idea." Esmé says with a small laugh herself and stood up, helping Alma up. They both cleaned off their plates and brushed their teeth, Esmé undressing as Alma finished up and was about to put her night gown on when she felt the older woman behind her.

"You might as well leave it off."

Esmé smiled and rushed to get into the bed, staring at Alma who followed her over.

The older woman looked over her bra for a moment before looking up at her.

"You're alright with this?"

"I am." She said softly. Alma took it off and tossed it aside, moving to place kisses to her chest.

Esmé smiled and enjoyed her touch, the older woman being more gentle since it's been a while since they last did so.

"God you're gorgeous." Alma said as she kissed up her neck. "May I?" She asked, her hands on the woman's hips, one finger pulling gently on her underwear.

Esmé nods but Alma looked over her, wanting a verbal answer to be sure.

"Yes, go ahead." Esmé says softly and the older woman continued.