Chapter 66

Esmé woke up alone in bed, sighing when she noticed Alma was gone. She got up and got ready for the day, knowing she'd be spending it with Tiana, teaching her all she could.

After getting dressed, she left the room, heading to the breakfast room where she spotted Tiana.

Esmé got herself from food and moved to sit beside Tiana. "Hey dear, how'd you sleep?" She smiled down at her.

"Alright. You?" She asks and Esmé agreed, despite knowing the bags under her eyes were visible. Her glasses helped keep them hidden a bit.

"When do lessons start?" She asked.

"In about twenty minutes, after breakfast is over." Esmé said gently. "Nervous at all?"

The girl just shrugged unsure as they both walked to their table to eat.

"I'm sure you'll do wonderful, sweetheart." Esmé said gently, placing a hand on the young woman's shoulder.

Tiana looked at her for a moment, her cheeks burning slightly at the touch and Esmé removed her hand when they took a seat where Jane and her new student were.

"So, who's your new student?" Esmé asked with a smile. The young woman was clearly very shy and uncomfortable.

"This is Chloe Loon." Jane says with a small smile, the younger woman looking at the two mentors unsure.

"Hi." She says quietly that Esmé almost didn't catch it.

"Hello, dear." Esmé said with a gentle smile. The girl nodded and looked down at the table.

"I'm Tiana Robin." The other student said with a smile.

"Hey." She says quietly and Jane shared a glance at Esmé.

"You're quiet." Tiana mentions with a small smile.

Chloe seemed to sink further into her seat at the comment. Tiana gently put her hand on the other woman's. "Are you okay?"

Jane sent Esmé a small knowing smile and nodded towards the drink area, Esmé smiling and leaving with her as the two girls talked.

"They're cute together." Esmé said with a smile.

"Wow, and here I was, convinced Tiana had a crush on you." Jane said with a small laugh.

"What?" Esmé asks confused and Jane smiled.

"You didn't notice? Anytime you were near that woman, I thought she would faint." Jane says with a chuckle.

"What do you mean? She didn't have a crush on me." Esmé said with a small laugh.

"Oh sweetheart she blushed when you were around, avoided eye contact then you called her pet names. That girl loves you almost as much as I do." Jane joked.

Esmé blushed and Jane chuckled, walking over to get a cup of tea before mentoring soon.

"Now, cup of tea?" She asks and Esmé nods. "And no cinnamon." Jane adds with a small smile as she worked on mixing the sugar.

"Mhm." Esmé smiled, stepping closer and wrapping an arm around Jane's waist in a small hug.

Jane smiled a bit and leaned her head against Esmés shoulder. She didn't realize how much she missed seeing her and Alma, it's been too long.

A mentor came in and cleared their throat, Esmé pulling away so they wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"You two are.. awfully close." The other ymbryne said. "I was under the impression you were married, Miss Gyr."