Chapter 41

"Okay keep your eyes closed." Alma said with a smile as she led Esmé by the hands to the restaurant.

Esmé gently placed her hand on the woman's arm as she led her, a familiar smell filling her senses.

"Are we where I think we are?" She asked with a smile as Alma let her closer.

"Andddd open your eyes." Alma said happily.

Esmé opened her eyes and felt her breath catch when she seen the familiar decor of the building and the smell of the food from the kitchen.

"Oh Alma, I haven't been here since I was little!" Esmé says with a smile.

"Happy 18th birthday." Alma says with a smile.

"Thank you!" Esmé said happily, wrapping her arms around Alma in a tight hug. "I love you so much!" Alma blushed at this. "Oh! Come on their food is so good! You'll love it!"

Alma chuckled at her behavior and followed alongside her to take a seat at one of the tables, ignoring some of the looks they got.

"I'm finally a year closer to your age." Esmé says and Alma sends her a smug look.

"Until next month. Then I'll be 20."

"Well, now I'm legally an adult! So- uh, ha!" Esmé said with a smile.

Alma chuckled and felt a light pink dust over her cheeks before looking over when the waiter stopped by their table.

"And what can I get you two to drink?" He asked.

"I'll just take a water, thanks." Esmé smiled.

"I'll go with some tea please." Alma says and he writes it down before sending them both a smile.

"I'll get those both ready and then I'll be back to take your order."

"Thank you." Alma said, watching him leave. "So, what would you recommend from the menu?" She asked Esmé with a smile.

"I love their pasta, Alfredo is very good as well." Esmé offers with a smile.

Alma nodded as she zoned out, staring at Esmé. The younger girl didn't notice for a long moment before looking up at her. She blushed, noticing the staring.

"Find something you like?" She asks and Alma looked over her, lost in how beautiful she looked by the dim lights in the restaurant. "Alma?"

"Sorry, I um.. I got distracted." Alma said, embarrassed, looking back down at her hands in her lap.

"No it's aright, love." Esmé said softly. Alma blushed furiously at the pet name.

Esmé heard what she said and blushed herself, looking over the older woman for a moment.

"I'm sorry." Esmé said nervously.

"No.. I- I liked it." Alma admitted, blushing.

Esmé smiled slightly when she seen the waiter come back, sitting their drinks down on the table.

"Are you two ready to order?" He asked politely.

"Yes, I'll take the fettuccine alfredo." Alma said with a gentle smile.

"I'll take the same." Esmé says softly.

"Alright, give us about 10 minutes or so." He says with a smile before leaving.

Esmé looked at Alma, then down at the table with a sigh. "What's wrong?" Alma asked her.

"I'm trying not to think about kissing you." Esmé admitted.