Chapter 69

Later that night Alma had Esmé in bed. She was on top of the younger woman, kissing her deeply as she pulled the pins from her hair.

"Told you it would be messed up later." Alma says against her lips with a smile and Esmé hums, pressing her lips against hers once more.

Esmé kissed her deeply, smiling at Alma's gentle touch as she held her close.

"You've been awfully naughty, haven't you?" Alma says quietly by her ear and Esmé blushed, a small hum leaving her throat. "It's been awful with you being gone." She whispers, running her talons down her sides.

"Agreed, I've missed your touch." Esmé said as she moved to press her lips against Alma's again.

The younger woman slightly gasped when she felt her dig her talons into her sides, the older woman straddling her to keep her still.

"Be a good girl and open your mouth." Alma says in a hush tone, her lips brushing against hers.

Esmé debated it for a moment and decided to obey, opening her mouth for the older woman.

Immediately Alma kissed her deeply, her tongue searching her mouth and Esmé moaned when she bit down on her lip, the younger woman's heart racing at the feeling as her cheeks turned a bright red.

"Does that feel good?" Alma asks, checking in with her and Esmé nods.

"Good girl." Alma said as she kissed her again, her hands trailing over her body, unbuttoning her shirt.

Esmé felt her heart beat fast, Alma trailing her tongue up her neck and the woman felt herself grow a bit dizzy.

The older woman gently bit a mark on her neck, the younger woman moaning softly when she did as her cheeks burned brightly.

Alma didn't notice the way Esmé's gaze unfocused from everything, out of it as Alma kissed the younger woman's neck.

The younger woman felt like her heart was about to beat out of her chest, her adrenaline suddenly hitting her. Alma bit down firmly on her collarbone, drawing a noise out of her but only causing her vision to swim.

Alma was oblivious as she kissed up her neck, but pulled away when she got back to her lips. "Are you doing okay hun?"

Esmé muttered something but eventually felt her vision go back, Alma feeling the woman go limp for a moment and sat up off of her.

"Esmé? Darling, wake up." Alma said, worried as she gently shook her shoulder.

She leaned down and felt her breathing, her heart rate going extremely fast though, eventually slowing down. Alma quietly went down stairs to get her a drink for when she woke up, not noticing Jackelyn was downstairs still awake with Jane.

"Alma?" Jane asked when she saw her. "What are you doing up?"

The older woman looked over startled and seen the two in the parlor.

"I just have to get something." She says in a hurry, heading to the kitchen.

"Did something happen?" Jane asked, following her.

"I just have to get something for Esmé." Alma says, getting a glass of water and immediately heading upstairs, leaving the other two confused, but Jane decided to leave her be.

Alma found Esmé was awake now, though very groggy. "Hey sweetheart." Alma said gently.

Esmé slightly smiled at her, her chest hurting a bit and the older woman sat down next to her.

"Did I hurt you at all? Should we go see a doctor about this?" Alma asks softly and Esmé raised an eyebrow.

"You do realize any other person that made their partner pass out in bed would feel really proud of themselves, right?"