Chapter 45

"Honey, I'm home!" Esmé says and smiles when the older woman scooped her up in her arms in a tight hug. "Careful love." She says gently, referencing to the small bag she had in her hand.

"Is it fixed?" Alma asked with a grin.

"Yep!" Esmé smiled down at her.

She pressed a gentle kiss on the woman's cheek, pulling away to set the bag on the table to unload some of the groceries she picked up in town.

Esmé took out a small box and handed it to Alma, who grinned when she opened it. "I love this necklace, thank you darling."

"Anything for you." She says softly, putting the groceries back. The older woman came up behind her, pressing a soft kiss on the back of her neck.

"I adore you." Alma said gently and she pressed kisses to the back of her neck.

"You're sweet." Esmé says softly, pressing herself against her as she finished her task at hand.

"Mom, can I meet up with a friend in town?" Oliver asks, coming into the kitchen.

"What friend?" Alma asked with a raised brow. Esmé smiled, happy that Oliver had a friend to hang out with.

"Just a girl." He says and Esmé smiles.

"Well I hope you have fun my handsome little man." She says, pinching his cheeks.

"No getting anyone pregnant." Alma said as the boy left. He rolled his eyes and kept walking to the door.

"Alma he's not going to be doing that." Esmé said with a roll of her eyes.

"Still, I'd rather him not even think about it."

"Don't worry, birdie." Esmé says softly, smiling at her wife.

"I wonder if he'll let us meet her." Alma said, thinking more about it.

"We could go spy on them." Esmé jokingly suggested.

"Really?" Alma asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm kidding, love." Esmé says with a light chuckle.

"Is she even peculiar?" Alma asked. "They're meeting in town, she could be a normal."

"Don't worry over it, love." Esmé says with a small smile, gently rubbing her shoulders to ease her tension.

Alma sighed and leaned into the younger woman's touch. "Worrying is my job."

"It doesn't have to be." Esmé says softly, pressing a gentle kiss on her neck.

"Maybe you're right." Alma said as she leaned into Esmé.

"I'm always right." Esmé chuckled.

"No you're not." Alma says with a playful smile.

"Well neither are you, birdie."

"How dare you." Alma said with a playful glare. Esmé grinned and pressed a kiss to the older woman's lips.

"Come on, you love me." Esmé says with a smile, pulling away from the older woman.

"I do." Alma said as she looked over Esmé carefully. "More than anything."

Esmé smiled up at her with a blush, cupping the older woman's face in her hands as she looked over her.

"You're beautiful." Esmé said as she looked over Alma gently. "My perfect wife."

Alma smiled gently at her as she leaned into her touch.

"I love you." Esmé said as she looked gently over the older woman.

"I love you so much more."

The older ymbryne leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, Ayn walking in just when she did.