Chapter 68

Esmé helped as much as Alma would let her to make a fort. Esmé got comfy inside on a bed of pillows and blankets as Alma grabbed some snacks.

The older woman came back, moving into the fort and Esmé giggled when she brought her hands down beside her waist, placing a few gentle kisses on her face.

"Hey there darling." Alma said gently with a smile as she sat down and got comfy.

Esmé brought her arms around her, pulling her back down where she was, Alma resting her head against her chest as the younger woman carefully undid the pins in her hair.

"Any ideas for what movie we should watch?" Alma asked gently. Esmé hummed as she thought it over.

"I'm not quite sure." She says softly, setting the pins aside and running her talons through her hair, slightly scratching her scalp.

Alma smiled and leaned into her touch, enjoying the younger woman's attention. "Do you want me to choose?"

"You can." She replies with a small smile, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

Alma smiled and thought it over before going to pick one out. "You like this movie, don't you?" She asked as she went to turn it on.

Esmé nods with a smile, giggling when she struggles with trying to figure out how it worked.

"Oh shush, I'm new to this." Alma scolds with a playful tone.

Once Alma got it working she went to lay back down beside her wife, cuddling up next to her.

Esmé took her arm and pulled her back down against her, leaning her head against her hair as she kept her close.

"I'm surprised you figured out how to work it." Esmé says quietly with a small chuckle.

"It's a small tv, it wasn't that hard." Alma says with a slight smile.

"Still, I'm impressed." Esmé said with a smile. "You're gorgeous."

"Where'd that come from?" Alma asked with a grin.

"Well it's only right to say so when a beautiful woman is laying on top of you." Esmé says softly, Alma blushing a bit with a small smile.

"Hey lovebirds."

Both of them looked over when they seen Ayn come in.

"Are you seriously sleeping on the floor when your bed is right across from you?"

"I like forts!" Esmé said happily, like a giddy child.

Alma rolled her eyes playfully at her behavior. "She's a child at heart."

"How's your head?" Ayn says with a small smile, taking a seat across from them.

"Better." Esmé said, looking towards the tv, she loved this movie.

"I'm sorry for what I said before you left." Esmé brought her gaze back over to the woman and Ayn sent her a small sad smile. "I was being a bitch."

"It's okay, you were going through a bad time." Esmé said gently.

"It wasn't okay at all, I shouldn't have ever done that." Ayn said sadly.

"Ayn, really, it's okay." Esmé says softly and carefully sat up, Alma pulling away when Esmé held her arms out towards the wight.

Ayn smiled and moved to bring her into her arms. "I missed you." The wight said as she held her.

Esmé smiled and hugged her tight, her heart about to burst from the happiness the two gave her.