Storm in the Room

[Open Int. Beach House]

(Connie packs her belongings in her bag, as she prepares to leave Steven's home.)

Steven: Thanks again for protecting Beach City while we we're gone, Connie.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm surprised how things, Mostly went well

Connie: No problem! *salutes Steven* And now that you guys are back from space, Steven, I officially relinquish control of your bed to you.

Steven: *salutes back* Thank you for keeping it warm, sir.

(Steven and Connie start laughing together, You lightly chuckle to yourself.)

Connie: I hope your dad liked the new car wash sign!

(You, Steven and Connie begin walking towards the door)

Steven: He loved it! I'm sure it'll look great when the Gems are done putting it up.

Connie: I hope they're back in time for me to say bye.

Y/N: How long do you think they'll be out anyway?

Steven: Uhh... It might be a while? You wouldn't believe how many of them it takes to screw in a lightbulb.

Y/N: Hey, I know this joke, It's five

(Steven and Connie look at you)

Y/N: Y'know Because, Lapis and Peridot are with them, so Five

Connie: *opens the door* I wonder where my mom is. She should've been here to pick me up by now.

(Connie dials her phone and calls her mom. A voicemail message is heard.)

Priyanka: (voicemail): You've reached Doctor Maheswaran. Please leave a message. And if you're one of my patients, you shouldn't have this number!

Connie: She's not answering.

Y/N: Then why don't we pass the time until she picks up, In in no time flat, she'll show up at some point

Connie: That's a neat idea Y/N, But I don't want to impose, I mean, Steven  must have a lot to think about after his space adventure. (Turns to Steven) You almost lost your dad, and all that stuff about the Diamonds, and your mom? I'd understand if you need some space.

Steven: Nah! The last thing I need right now is more space.

Connie: Okay! What do you wanna do?

[Time-Skip; Evening]

(You, Steven and Connie are seen playing a game similar to Mad Libs, after playing a bunch of other board games. You and Steven each fill in the blanks while Connie, seemingly in unrest, provides the words.)

Steven: The last word is a noun.

Connie: Umm. "Multi-hulled watercraft".

Steven: Okay, here it goes. The "wiggly" baker baked some new "wacky" pastries. There were "snail" puffs, "lawn mower" pies, and "entropy" muffins! Everyone was so "fuzzy" that they ate everything! Even the cheese caked shaped like a "multi-hulled watercraft"! *laughs aloud*

Y/N: Uh, That made no sense what so ever

Steven: Doosn't need to, That's the fun of it

(All while Steven is reading the passage, Connie attempts to call her mom and ending up reaching her voicemail again.)

Connie: This is really weird. My mom always answers her phone.

Y/N: Y'know Connie, If it's not too much trouble, I could drive you home