The Return

(You, Steven and Greg visits the BC Fries, as Steven slams his fists on the counter in slow motion to get his regular order.)

Steven: Give me the- *gets interrupted by a bag of fry bits pushed in front of him* Oh, thanks!

Peedee: Eh, I saw you guys coming.

Greg: Are you closing up all by yourself?

Peedee: Yeah, it's just me tonight.

Greg: Wow, that's a lot of responsibility for a kid your age. Your dad must really trust you.

Peedee: *unamused* Don't patronize me, sir.

(You, Steven and Greg leave Beach Citywalk Fries and walk towards the beach.)

Steven: See you, Peedee!

Steven: So, like I was saying, Peridot's been shooting huge robots here from space. 

Y/N: And when we smash them, they explode into goo! 

Greg: That sounds scary. You know, I'm not sure if... Do you ever feel like this Gem stuff is too much for you?

Steven: What are you-

(The area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Steven to trip over and shattering the windows of local businesses. Everyone then look up to the sky in shock.)

Greg: What the hey was that? ...Steven?

Y/N: Uh Steven?

(You point up, Steven looks up at the sky too and see a giant green hand approaching from the atmosphere.)

Steven: Is that... a hand?

[Trans. Beach]

(The Gems are gathered at the beach, observing the occurrence through a telescope.)

Pearl: The Light Cannons should be ready.

Y/N: Pearl! *runs in with Steven and Greg* There's a giant hand and-

Pearl: It's a ship. We have to assume it's Peridot.

Garnet: Lapis told us she'll be coming. With advanced weapons and reinforcements.

Greg: It's happening...

Steven: I wanna see. *looks into the telescope and sees the green hand pointing towards him* Woah.

Garnet: Ready the light cannons!

(Pearl activates a lever and the Quartizine Trio appear from under the deck of the Beach House. Amethyst pushes the fourth Laser Light Cannon into position on the porch.)

Garnet: Steven, light them up.

Steven: *talks into a walkie-talkie* If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs.

(The phrase is spoken through another walkie-talkie strapped near the deck, activating all four Light Cannons. Four Rose-shaped beams are fired and twirl towards the hand ship. The ship opens itself into a palm and blocks the attack, and continues to descend in a pointing position.)

Y/N: Anything?

Garnet: *looking through the telescope* No effect.

Greg: What now?

Garnet: We'll have to take them head on. The whole town might be in danger.

Y/N: Steven, Evacuate the town

Steven: Got it, I better make a call. Time for some... political favors. *takes out his phone and taps on Mayor Dewey's nicon*

[Trans. Int. Mayor's Office]