Political Power

(Pearl sets down a makeshift device on the sand and examines it.)

Pearl: Hmm, this spot should be safe. *shouts to a distance* Y/N, Amethyst, do you two have the robonoid?

Y/N: Got it Right-

(Amethyst kicks the robonoid over to Pearl as You and Garnet follow her.)

Y/N: Here

Amethyst: Yeah, don't worry about it.

Pearl: *annoyed* Amethyst, I just repaired that.

(Amethyst steps on the robonoid, as it activates and tries to get up.)

Amethyst: Yeah yeah, it's fine.

Pearl: Ugh! Okay, we have everything we need for the experiment and Steven is home fast asleeeep?!

(Pearl looks down and sees Steven suddenly standing in front of her.)

Steven: *waves* Hey guys.

Pearl: Steven! It's way past your bed time! You should really go back to the house!

Steven: What? I don't want to miss... whatever this is. What is this?

Amethyst: Pearl got lonely, so she made herself a robot friend.

Pearl: It's not a robot friend, it's a robot disruptor. It should produce a localized energy blast so when Peridot shows up to... meet with us, we'll have something that can knock out all her robonoids *places the robonoid in front of the device* 

Y/N: In other words, It's like an EMP, Pearl, Let's get this party started

Pearl: Alright, Now stand back everyone!

(Pearl presses a button on a remote control and the device activates. It then emits a powerful EMP blast that knocks the Crystal Gems off their feet and shuts off all electricity in Beach City.)

Steven: We did it!

(The robonoid, seemingly inactive, gets up unaffected. Amethyst moans in disappointment and Garnet face-palms.)

Steven: Well, you knocked out all the lights in town.

Pearl: *a little embarrassed* Steven, that was not the point of the- *sighs* Alright, that was a start! Now I'm going to need to take some parts out of the washing machine. Y/N, Steven, you two might have to wear the same clothes for a while.

Steven: No problem!

(Steven takes off his shirt, to reveal a second similar shirt underneath. The Gems stares at him, speechless.)

Y/N: Eh, I got a spare pair of clothes in my bag

[Trans. Int. Beach House, Morning]

(Steven wakes up in the morning in his bedroom. He walks to the refrigerator, half asleep and yawning, and reaches for a pack of "Microwavable Crying Breakfast Friends" in the freezer. He then pops it in the microwave and presses a button to turn it on, but nothing happens.)

Steven: What's wrong with the microw-

(Steven opens the microwave by accident, hitting himself in the face.)

Steven: Ow! Ugh...! *takes the thawed food pack out of the microwave* What is the meaning of this?!

Y/N: The Power must still be out, I just hope no one noti-

(Loud knocking is suddenly heard at the door and You and Steven goes to open it.)

You and Steven: Mayor Dewey?

Mayor Dewey: Hello there. young Universe, New Guy. Any of your... sisters home?

Y/N: Our sisters?

Mayor Dewey: Your caretakers! You know....the tall one, the purple one, the hot one. (Steven keeps staring blankly at Mayor Dewey.) Look, the power is out and I've been mayor long enough to know they had something to do with it.