.29.

"No," Vincenzo shook his head, ferociously, desparately, "Keep Lily out of this—"

Vincenzo's fear was evident on his visage. His eyes laced with terror and sadness because he realised I was ready to sacrifice myself again to save him. It was like a deja-vu. Again, I was thrown in the position where I had to choose him above me and it strangly felt alright to know that he would love even if I didn't. The world needed his skills . I wanted to survive too, but right now, this felt right. This felt accurate.

Adrian rolled his eyes turning back to Vincenzo, "For once, push aside your male egotism and let the woman take her decision in the meeting."

Vincenzo almost snarled, "Don't you dare lay your eyes on her, Adrian. You have problems with us, leave her out of this!"

Vincenzo truth to push Adrian's men behind, but almost ten of them was holding them on his seat and similar situation was going on with Lorenzo. The difference was that Lorenzo was already beaten up and Vincenzo was still cleaned without any sign of violence.

"I am sparing your damn life," Adrian retorted and walked back, sitting next to me again, "Be happy."

Adrian raised his legs, crossing them together and leaned back against his reclining seat, while I remained seated right beside him, with enough distance between both of our seats. It was unbelievable how I wanted to spend more time with this man who turned out to be the literal defination of a monster in my life.

"You do realise," Lorenzo gritted his teeth, as blood dropped down from his broken jaw, "That you are winning only because your rented men. Anyone can be a hero and win like that."

Adrian clicked his tongue,"That's where you are wrong. I am not the hero in this story, Lorenzo, I am the damn villain," holding a glass that was placed in front of him on the table, he held it out for me, "Drink, I think you are thirsty."

Everytime he talked to me, it felt like he was a different person. The person I knew, flirtatious, mysteries, protective.

"You haven't let go of them so far," I faced him and whispered with my broken voice.

"You know I can break your promise and kill Vincenzo, he doesn't even love you, Lily," Adrian mused lowly, but loudly enough for me to hear.

"I know he doesn't," I nodded my head, wiping away my dry, dirty face, "But I do."

"What?" He raised his eyebrows, "You can't love a person who humiliated you."

"Yes I can't, but I do," I answered, before my voice broke down again, "If I can still sit beside a betrayer like you, I can still love a person like Vincenzo even if you think I am dumb for that."

"I didn't betray atleast you, Lily," Adrian remarked, looking at me and it seemed that he wanted to avoid every single thing happening inside the room at this moment.

"Yes you did," I nodded my head, "If you don't believe, then let go of Vincenzo and Lorenzo and prove me wrong," I whispered lowly, "I want to be proven wrong by you, professor, for the last time."

He looked into my eyes with an unknown sense of emotions, "I am bounded by blood to finish what has begun. You aren't a part of it, love. I don't want to harm you."

I looked back, finding the answers of his emotions into his eyes. For once I wanted him back, to be normal again, to be funny and helpful, like he was all these days,"Then stop hurting me, Adrian. End this and let them go."

"Why do you want me to leave them so bad, huh?"

"I love him, Adrian," a tear ran down my eyes, "Even though I am agreeing to be with you, I will always love him, he will always be the one I opened my heart to. I know he has done things that has lowered my self esteemed and I might be the most idiot woman to still say this, but when you fall in love with someone, you don't just love their happiness, good behaviour and responsibilities. You have to love their sadness, roughness and tantrums too, Adrian, and you will never understand this. Because you don't love anyone."