.24.

WARNING: MENTIONS OF BLOOD.

"Lily."

"Please-"

"Lily—"

"Pretty please, Adrian?"

"Oh lord," Adrian rolled his eyes at me as I took away his bubble tea for the third time.

I bursted out laughing, thinking how easily I could eat and drink more food while he just stayed there sitting right in front of me like an idiot he pretended he was.  He was literally letting me take away his bubble tea, let me repeat, a bubble tea which was like everybody's favourite. And he was letting me take it for the third time in row.

I took a large sip and smiled, "I can drink this for hours."

"And this could be harmful for your tiny belly, Lily."

I scoffed, "You talk like elders."

He laughed lightly, "Because I am an elder."

"Wait," I stopped him right here and focused my entire attention to him with excitement, "How old are you?"

He smiled boyishly, "Guess."

"Seventy eight years?" I raised my eyes, giving him my narrow look, "Sixty nine."

"Much to your disappointed," he grabbed the drink of my hand with a sly grin, "I am in my late thirties."

"You are literally so older to me," I brushed him off, taking the drink from his handful grip again and taking my forth sip, "I am still in early twenties."

"Being older isn't a bad thing, little Lily," he cooed taking a bite from his burger, "With age comes maturity and a sense of life. With age...comes responsibilities and sometimes burdens that are meant to be carried. When you are young, your only focus remains to enjoy life. However, when you are older, it becomes about living a life."

His words were like melodies to my ears as I listened to him with my full attention. He sounded mature and older from experience in all ways to which I could only nod my head. He sounded like Vincenzo for an instance but I shook off the thought immediately. There was no more Vincenzo Genesis in my life.

When Adrian observed my silence, he popped a French fry in my mouth. I chuckled and looked up at him, "I was only thinking."

"It doesn't suit you," he finished his burger and placed the plate away, "thinking, I don't like you silent. Let me do the older thing while you stay young and green."

He dusted his hands with the napkins and motioned the waiter to bring our bill. After that worrisome and intense moment with Vincenzo which occured yesterday before my university campus, I was tensed with everything. He was right in front of me and I tried the hardest to pretend that nothing bothered me anymore. I wanted to show him how badly he had wounded my heart with his crude behaviour. I could see the shock in his eyes and realisation was hitting him hard. He could not even believe that I would be so cold and heartless which I was not. If it was not for Adrian to step in between my moment with him, I would have cried hard and hugged him tightly, or worse, punch him hard right on his face.

Later when Adrian took me away, he told me that would not have been a great idea. I would have lost in front of his giant ego, he explained. And today he decided to bring me in this fantastic cafe to have something good to fill my tummy with.

When the waiter came with the bill, I decided to open my purse and volunteer to pay for my own meal.

"Let me pay for my side," I motioned and as expected, being a man, he shook his head. I did not understand, what was exactly the problem of men when women offered to pay for their meal. This was why I prefered to eat alone. I hugged my cheeks, feeling my feminism being hurt brutally.