.19.

I will.

That was that Professor- Scatch that, Adrian promised me. Finally, someone was there to protect us; both me and Vincenzo from this person who wanted our lives. Adrian was Lorenzo's friend, so sensibly speaking he was our friend. I was relieved, and in peace knowing both of us would be safe now.

"Hi, um," I cleared my throat to grab the attention of the receptionist sitting in the reception desk, "I want to meet with Dr. Genesis-"

"Get an appointment with his P.A first," She rolled her eyes at me, "and Mr. Genesis is in a meeting right now, so no disturbance," She replied me with a sass in her voice. I wished to almost flip my hair on her damn plastic face. Almost. I was just waiting for the day Vincenzo would declare me as his official girlfriend.

"Call him up, say Lily is here to meet him," I placed my hands on the desk and answered back as calmly as I could.

It was Sunday morning, and as usual Vincenzo was in his Hospital- the hospital I never knew he owned here in Boston. I had a idea that he was the Chairman of Genesis Group of Hospitals, but still, having your Hospital in almost all the important cities is a significant thing to do. Being a doctor, he never really had any break. No vacations, no holidays. Vincenzo was flying from one state to another, and sometimes this lifestyle of him pushed me towards worry and perplexity.

Thankfully the receptionist in front of me pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Madam," she gritted her teeth, "We are asked not to even call sir at this moment- why don't you understand?!"

I stormed myself away from the spot instantly. I had to meet Vincenzo because firstly, I was his girlfriend. Secondly, I had only one day off from my university classes, and that was Sunday. Most Importantly, thirdly, I had to inform him about Adrian being Lorenzo's friend. I had so much to talk to him and this stupid receptionist won't even let me meet him. Good enough, I knew my way towards the elevator.

"Hey! Wait—" her voice faded behind me as I carried my steps towards the nearest elevator and got it.

There was no need to spend my energy talking to her unnecessary when I have all the rights to meet with Vincenzo myself. I spotted her along with two guards approaching the elevator and my heart skipped a beat or two. Oh goodness, this receptionist had the audacity to come with me with security guards. I quickly pressed the close button and immediately the automatic doors or the elevator shut off on their faces.

If Vincenzo or Jason would have picked up my call earlier, I would have not faced such dramatic turn of events presently. Look at me, I sighed. I was running away from a woman and few guards to meet my boyfriend who was their boss. Good lord, if Vincenzo did not announced my relationship status with him at the end of my academic year and the end of this good for nothing and unwanted enemy waiting to kill us, I would sue him badly. Everyone needed to know that I was his.

Shaking off my head, I waited for the elevator to reach the highest floor, which is where Vincenzo generally preferred to stay. Last time, I was bought there because the second first aid room and operation theatre was situated here as well, and it was legit for Vincenzo to have his cabin here too. I would be actually glad if he did not have another penthouse on the top floor again. That idea was so bizzare and goodness, I preferred his house in Bell-Air so much more. L.A was literally my home.

The elevator was quick to deliver me on the top floor, where I assumed I would find Vincenzo. I stepped outside and much to my surprise, the floor seemed busier than the first time I was here. Nurses, ward boys and doctors were running from one end to another, and everything looked so rushed. There was a certain panic in everyone's face as I observed keenly after stepping out of the elevator. There were patients and guests sitting in the vacant seats. The setting here was so different from the first time. There was a certain seriousness on everyone's faces: I meant - of course everyone would be serious, this was a Hospital I was in to meet my doctor boyfriend, but still, things felt weird today. I shrugged the discomfort off my shoulders and walked ahead in the corridor, moving aside to let the nurses rush from side to side.