.10.

"Where are you going now?"

I stopped on my way towards the library and turned around,  looking at a very excited Jess standing behind me.  I swallowed every sort of harshness and the lump forming in my throat. Giving a half sugary smile,  I replied,

"To the Cafe,  to grab some nice juice. "

She widened her eyes and shook her head, "oh silly Lily,  don't you know what is happening since morning?" She questioned me. 

I reculantly shook my head. 

"The new professor for English Department,  remember?" She raised her eyebrows,  "professor Adrian? He has arrived.  Not only that,  today is the birthday of John Harvard, and we have a very special guest, you don't want to miss it,  by the way,  do you know where is Crystal? "

"With her boyfriend, " I rolled my eyes,  "romanticizing somewhere with him, "

"Ew—" she almost laughed at me,  "Are you freaking kidding me,  hon?"

"I am getting late—"

"Oh come on," we have a celebration starting in the auditorium in ten minutes,  you can't go anywhere.  And you got that wrong, she must be with a new girl-"

I crunched my eyebrows together, "who must be with a new girl? "

"Duh," she held my hand and pulled me along with her towards the other corridor that led to the auditorium of the university,  "Crys, she must be with a girl, not a guy."

"Wait wait wait wait wait-" I stopped at our way.  This was not getting into my mind, "Crystal will be with a girl?  Uh, she doesn't have a boyfriend?"

"As far as I have known her,  Crystal is lesbian. She only date girls, wait — don't tell me you are into some homo shit and you don't like lesbians,  then I am going to sue you I swear."

"Goodness no," I almost breathed out, "Of course not I am not that kind of girl to judge,  in fact it's cute but ahh- that's not the thing."

"Then what's wrong? " She asked curiously.

"I," I fumbled,  "I met with her boyfriend? "

"Are you drunk?" She looked at me with those judgy eyes, "I thought you are better than this, Lil,c

"No! Jess of course not. I am not drunk, it's true,  I met with Vin— I mean a guy who was talking to her and well- well they said they were together. "

"Someone has been pranking you a lot then, " she let out a chuckle, "relax Lily, you look so tensed, look at the sweat you are having all over your face..."

No no,  how was it possible?  I zoned out completely from where I was.  This was almost unbelievable.  I saw them both together just an hour ago.  He was holding Crystal's hands and calling her his girlfriend.  Even the dean was there,  if Crystal was really lesbian, why would she lie to me about this? Whatever was happening,  I had no idea of that.  Here I was on my verge to end things completely with Vincenzo and find a way to return his money which I was going to do anyway.  However,  I also submitted to change rooms with Crystal. If she was not his girlfriend,  why did they both lie to me. My head was swirling with so many unanswered questions.  I was unable to pick up the pieces of the puzzle and see the bigger picture. What was true and what was not,  the thought was not bounded to me.

"Lily,  are you even listening to me? "Jess's voice broke me out of the reality. "Holy shi—"

"What is going on here? " I heard a familiar voice behind me.  A familiar deep voice that was almost like the depth of the ocean.  I gulped the lump forming in my throat and recognized the voice instantly.  It was almost ringing in my mind because of today's morning.