.1.

"Miss Evans, get up

"Miss Evans, get up."

I stayed glued on my seat.

"Miss Evans?" The professor enquired again, looking around the classroom hall for me. His curious but old eyes were scanning around the class hall while I wanted to stay hidden.

"Ah, there you are," He smiled kindly, and held up a piece of paper, motioning it in my direction, "I am really happy with your achievement, Miss Evans. Your essay is something that I have never read before. Very impressive."

Wait- what?

I was shocked. I was beyond shock after hearing what my English Professor Mr. Jones had to say about the good-for-nothing essay that I submitted last week. It was worthless, and I was not in my right mind when I started writing about how friendship was different from love, and friendship cannot be romantic. I chose to write about what my heart wanted, and I was afraid if the professor would even accept my paper. I was scared if my paper was going to end up on the dustbin and which is why I preferred to stay hidden. You know, we all have experienced such moments when we were aware of the fact that we were doing something stupid and we still did it because of having no other choice.

I was living a dream— yes. I was where every student dreamt to be once in their lifetime. Harvard University was the best Ivy League college, and I was a student in it. My happiness had no bounds to get accepted and to arrange the monetary sum related to it. Everyone was happening so perfectly, well except the essay part. It was my second month here, and I was trying to be the best. Post graduation was not easy, and my master's mattered a lot to me. I wanted to work hard for someone...

It has been almost two months since I had not seen him. Two months since I had rested myself on his chest, I had fell his heart beat against me. Exactly two months since I got on the plane and never looked back to my life in Los Angeles, sometimes I wondered if he still remembered me or not.

I remembered that day. I had tears in my eyes, while he saw me off. I only received one text from him after that. It was just a simple 'take care'. As soon as I landed in Boston, after one short call, I texted him numerous times, called him multiple times but his assistant Jason picked up, answering that he was in an important surgery and he would not be able to attend me.

My heart almost broke that day.

"Here is your essay," the professor held out the sheet to me, and I got up from my seat and rushed to collect it. I felt jovial to realise that fact that I had skills when it came to writing. It was my specialisation after all.

The class was soon over and our professor instructed us about the next assignment. I had one more class after half an hour and then I would be free for the weekend. Just the thought of having chicken pepperoni pizza and coke and switch on my Netflix was enough to brighten up the world around me.

"Back to earth Lily," my new friend and roommate Crystal cheered me up from behind, "You look like you are writing another thesis in your head and it's only first sem."

"You say like you don't do the same," I chuckled, bumping my shoulders against her as we walked around the prestigious corridors of Harvard, and the air I breathed made me feel proud and blessed. It made me forget the ache in my heart.

"Wait for me in the lunch hall, we will grab some snacks," she waved me a quick bye and left towards another corridor and I didn't bother to follow her. Honestly, I had learnt a lot about handling friendships after my incident with my previous friends.

Lyda was a lesson I would never forget.

Now, I was more matured. I made light friendships which would be helping me through my studies, and not distract me like it did back then. To be honest, I was happy with where I was, with who I was becoming.

I had changed a lot in these two months, and I could feel the change of energy in my veins. As I walked towards the lunch hall, I looked around noticing the same people with black tuxedoes scattered around me. They were keen to stay hidden in the crowds and be distanced so I would not be disturbed my their presence.

I sighed heavily, Lorenzo's minions.

After that day I landed in Boston, I talked to Vincenzo only once, and it was the shortest conversation that I had ever had with anyone. He only asked if I landed well and when I said yes, he asked me to take care and hung up on me. I was so shocked at his behaviour that I called him up for like, thirty times but at last I was told that he was involved in a surgery. Ever since then, I felt like Vincenzo wanted to distanced himself from me. He talked rarely, and always ended our conversations. He was too busy to Skype call me, and I felt the need to focus on my career. Everything felt strange, everything was scattered. It made me feel that I should not have left Los Angeles at all.

To live the dream life I wanted, I felt like I had to sacrificed the relationship I had with Vincenzo.

The lunch hall was not crowded, much to my relief. I took a bottle of juice and walked towards a vacant table, sitting down to sip my juice peacefully. Crystal would join me soon, and after this I had one more class to deal with.

All of a sudden, my phone rang inside my bag. I frowned, known with the fact that no one would call me at this hour of the day. In fact I barely received any calls from anyone. Vincenzo was least bothered to call me up by himself. I talked to my parents only at night and I had no such friend who would call me. Shrugging off the thought, I pulled out my phone and shock filled me up.

It was from Jason, Vincenzo's left man.

I quickly clicked on the receive button and pulled the phone close to my ear, waiting for him to talk. It was quite strange of him to call me up. Last time he called me, it was to inform that Vincenzo was too busy to reach out to me. That was hurting though.

"Lily?" He spoke from the other end.

"Yes, Jason," I replied bleakly, almost monotonously. He must be calling up to inform that the doctor would be busy for another week to answer my calls so I must not disturb him.

"I have to pass on an information," he continued.

I sighed heavily, "Continue, please. I understand he can't call me for another week. Anything new?"

"Yes," there was a slight pause in the other end, "He is coming to Boston, for you."