.8.

"Don't do anything stupid."

Cold, desperate cold knife gripped my freezing heart.

"Honey please listen to us," they spoke again. Desperate coldness gripped my heart like a knife digging it's way deep down to penetrate and kill. Bleed, love was bleeding down and bones were freezing.

"Please listen to your parents, my Lily, we will never leave you," they kept on saying, but my eyes did not blink even at once. They were trying to hold the heavy teardrops that formed from the events prior to that. I should not be like this. I should not cry. Thinking about a ruthless, inhuman doctor was the last thing I wanted to do after today's dilemma in the morning. I should have walked away the moment he acted like he didn't care. I should have moved myself to a safer safe where I could have cried, where I could have regarded the fact of heart break with agony and solitude. But- but I stood there, listening to him acting like he did not know me closely. Acting like nothing every happened between us, and to acknowledge my own roommate standing next to him. After all I was starting to trust this girl as a friend.

"I never liked that doctor from beginning," her mother mumbled loud enough for me to hear, "Remember that time when he called our daughter good girl and fed her, I had doubts on his morality-"

"Oh please," her father interrupted, and I could hear everything clearly since my phone was on speaker, "You were the one happy that a rich doctor has fallen for your daughter, I was against it-"

"I..." I found a lump forming in my throat, not letting me speak until I cleared my voice, "I would like.. To be alone for few days. Do not expect me to call you both-"

"Lily my baby," my father spoke before I could finish, "Please don't do anything stupid because an idiot left you for another girl."

"T- this is why dad," I continued, letting those teardrops escape, "This is why he was so cold.. He- he was with another- Crystal.."

"Forget him," my mother tried to convince my broken heart, "Follow your heart now, don't think about him. Crystal or coal, that sick man is never touching or going near you again."

"Yes, Lily," my father agreed with my mother, "the fact that he denied to recognize her is what is making me boil in anger. Do you want me to talk to a cop for not letting you be with enough dignity in sociaty. "

I chuckled, humorlessly, "He is Vincenzo Genesis, doctor Vincenzo Genesis who you all bragged about being the most reputated and richest doctor in the entire U.S. Do you think anyone is going to give me a damn when I speak against him? It was my fault to trust him," I breathed deeply, "my fault to accept his good behavior veiled stuff ulterior motives. I was wrong here, he did what he is good with. Joining bones, but except in my case, he is good at breaking hearts too."

"It's fine not to think about him honey," my mom spoke, sighing deeply, "Me and your dad is here with you. If you don't want to study there anymore, we will come to take you that too in economy class and not in any
Private jet. We have your back and we will help you. "

Hearing someone speak to me life that: constantly reminding me to move on and realise the fact that I had both of them in my life forever was proven to be a relief in my heartbroken situation. They had my back, they always had it when I was born. This is why the first thing I did after leaving doctor Genesis and his girlfriend, Crystal, was calling my friends and leaving the campus. I was so much in pain that I walked far away from my university square, and reached a little lake by which benches were placed. If it was not for the turmoil in my heart, I would have taken time to appreciate the beauty of the scenery. It was a marvelous view. There were white swans by the other side of the lake. The maple trees around the lake are shading their orangey leave, making it look like a sight from terrestrial places unknown to me.

After hearing what Vincenzo had to say, I stood there standing, shocked and bewildered. It was as if the land did not exist and air left my body. Vincenzo sharply turned his back on me after introducing his girlfriend and so did Crystal. It was when the dean looked at me when awkward and judgemental eyes motioning me to leave. They were not turning back again to talk, and it looked like the conversation was between the three of them. I was just a meritorious student who was handed the bursary from the kind doctor.

Nothing much.

Therfore when I realized the amount of ignorance I was receiving from standing in the elite circle, I politely smiled and walked away, not even bothering to turn back. I was hoping no one would notice my tears. I wanted to run away, I wanted to forget everything: the date, the penthouse, the picnic, the painting, the kisses, his hospital and him- I wanted to forget every little thing. I realized this was why he was not interested to talk or spend time with me anymore.

So I did the only thing I could do after walking towards the lake and sitting on one vacant bench. I called my mom and dad, hoping they would understand me. And they did. Yes, my parents understood me like they were here going on with the same pain I was going on. They kept on talking, helping me to wipe my tears even when they were far away from me.

"Are you feeling a bit better?" My dad asked after some time, and I found the fatherly affection in his voice even from afar.

I nodded my head, and wiped my tears, "Yes, yes I will be okay. Thank you guys."

"Shh," my mom whispered, "We three are besties too, isn't it? So no thank you between friends."

All of a sudden, as I was sitting on the right side of the bench, I saw a man walking to my direction. I was still on the call, but my entire focus shifted to him. He looked different- almost like he was walking to me for a reason. I saw his eyes on me, and how he took long strides and kept walking closer to me. He was wearing a long gray jacket, and his hair was cleanly back brushed while he was wearing spectacles. His face was really sharp and definite, almost as if I had seen his face somewhere. That face had an uncanny resemblance to someone I knew or someone I had seen previously. I could not recall it at the moment, so I decided to ignore the fact that he was walking to me. Maybe he was looking behind me and walking towards the exist of the entire lake behind me.

"I shall be gone now, " I figured out, wanting to end the call.

My parents nodded, and I wasted no more time to click on the red button on the screen. I become self-conscious all of a sudden, because I was not alone anymore. The man kept on walking to my direction, much to my discomfort. It was weird because at this moment, my emotions and everything was all over the place. I was crying earlier and I cried so much that my face was red by now and my nose was puffed. I must be looking like I belonged to my bedroom, and not in this open coldness.

Unbelievably, the man took a seat beside me. I was sitting at the right corner of the bench, and the man sat at the left corner, few inches away from me. It was my clue to leave. I was already so much self conscious that I comprehended I was not in a place to share a bench with a stranger. I pulled my coat over my body, preparing myself to get up.

"Can you show me the way to Harvard Square? " the man asked all of a sudden, and my movements ceased.

"Excuse me?" I coughed lightly,  cleaning my heavy throat.

"Harvard," the man repeated,  his voice dense and felt almost British,  "Harvard University.  I wish to go there."

"Um, sure" I nodded my head slowly, "Do you study there? I do too."

"Which department?" He questioned me,

"English,  are you in that?"

"The opposite," he curled his lips at me,  "I am there to teach.  I am a new professor there. "

My eyes widened.  Wasn't Jess talking about some professor who was going to be teaching in the English Department? Or may be he was a professor of some other department. Harvard was a big institution.  I tried to recall the name they were talking about. 

"Are you,  um?" I struggled to remember,  it was something Adren,  "Adren Salvador? "

This time he gave me a full smile,  "It's Professor Adrian Salvatore for you,  darling. "

---------------
So sorry for the late update!