.2.

"You are kidding me

"You are kidding me."

"Excuse me?" Jason questioned from the other end.

I could not believe my ears. It must be a joke, it had to be a joke. Hearing the fact that Vincenzo was coming to Boston after two long months was unrealistic expectation. Not even for once he had talked to me well or spent time with me as he promised during the months I had been here along. Although my parents visited me for the first month and Vincenzo arranged their trip on his private jet. I could not even thank him for that because he never called me up.

"Lily, I am not joking," Jason spoke, "He suggested you not to go to the airport to pick him up."

"Why?" I questioned instantly, almost sharply.

"I am not in a place to tell."

Saying that, he ended the call.

I was blown away, completely blown away with what I heard right now. Did I even hear it correctly, I wondered as I was left do stay frozen inside the large lunch hall of my university. I was flabbergasted to hear what he had to tell me.

Yes, it was as unbelievable as believing that Edward Cullen was a better vampire than Damon Salvatore.

Vincenzo Genesis, the world renowned doctor who apparently fell in love with a girl like me, and distanced himself at my absence, was now coming here to Boston. It has been painful weeks to endure, but eventually I realised that I was meant to be alone. If Vincenzo was not ready to attend me, I was not ready to give him as well. We hadn't talk for what it felt like months, although we talked few days ago, but the only conversations were.

"Hello, are you doing alright?"

Yes, I missed you so much—"

"I am getting an important call. Take care."

At times, it had pained me a lot. It had hurt me, but I would be ridiculously immature if I force him to do something he was not interested to do. I was not that old version of myself anymore.

"Hey girl, what are you thinking?" Another girl, who I presumed was my classmate, walked over to my empty table and took the seat in front of me.

"Nothing," I politely smiles, getting back to my normal posture, "you say."

"I am chill, your essay was amazing you know," she casually remarked, sipping her bubble tea. The boba balls looked damn appetitive and I wanted a bubble tea now.

"Thanks, I bet yours was too," I replied kindly, staying calm and composed, knowing the fact that inside myself, my heart was raging. There was a tempest in my mind.

Vincenzo was coming to Boston, for me.

"Did you see the new professor in the English romantic literature?" She questioned, easing her eyebrows at me.