Chapter Fifteen

Waking up in the hospital to hushed conversation being had, and the tension in the air thick. "The tension is suffocating," I whispered opening my eyes. "Akari!" Multiple people called. "I'll get the doctor," Cobra spoke leaving the room. Looking around seeing Tetsu holding my hand on the left. Bernie holding my hand on the right, with Hiroto and Masaki standing at the foot of the bed.
"Told you I was alive," I chuckled. "Stop scaring us," Hiroto sighed. "Stop ending up in the hospital," Masaki spoke. "Next time we met come to the club not the hospital," Bernie spoke. "I told you I can't lose you, stop making think I'll lose you," Tetsu cried drawing my attention.
"Baby you aren't going to lose me," I whispered giving a small smile. "Baby?!" My brothers exclaimed snapping their necks towards Tetsu. "Uh I'll see you later Akari," He spoke quickly leaving the room. "You're dating him of all people. Probably the weakest in Hoodlum Squad," Hiroto huffed.
"If you wanted to date someone my friends are available and all of them are stronger than that," Bernie stated. "You're too young to be dating," Masaki spoke crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm 24 I'm not too young to date. Him and I slept together already," I stated earning dangerous looks from the three.
Watching as they exchanged looks before leaving the room. Walking past Cobra and the doctor as they came in. "Cobra they found out about Tetsu and I," I stated eyeing him. Nodding Cobra quickly followed after them while the doctor let a chuckle escape.
"Those three that left seem protective of you," She spoke. "They're my older brothers going to talk with my boyfriend and Cobra gets to supervise the in counter," I chuckled. "How are you feeling Akari?" she questioned. "Better, I don't feel as weak anymore," I stated with a smile.
"You can leave in a couple days you just have to rest a bit more first to get your strength back," She stated. "Thank you doctor," I spoke flashing a smile. Nodding she quickly took her leave. Smiling I slowly sat up with some struggle. Feeling someone wrap and arm around me helping me sit up the rest of the way. Looking over seeing a taller thin man with brown hair and an army green jacket eyeing me. "Thank you," I whispered.
"My sister said you saved her from the containers," He spoke. Giving a smile as realization hit me. "You must be Smoky. Yeah I helped Lala get away, she had more to live for," I spoke eyeing him. "Thank you for saving her and helping her come back to me," He whispered giving me a quick hug.
"I wasn't going to let anything happen to her. She's my friend now after all," I stated giving another smile. "She's been talking about you since getting home," He stated. Eyeing him realizing he seemed to be weakened. "Sit down Smoky you look ill," I spoke pointing to the chair. Sighing he sat down just as a coughing fit hit him.
Moving quicker than I should've, I grabbed tissue and held it to his mouth. Wiping the blood away while rubbing his back. "Thank you," He whispered grabbing the tissue. "Do you mind if I come to Nameless City once I'm released?" I questioned. "You can come Lala wants to see you," He stated. Nodding I gave a smile before getting back into bed.
"What's made you sick?" I questioned. "My lungs," He stated simply. Nodding I took a mental note of what he said before he got up and left. Sighing I leaned back against my pillows letting my mind wander.
Maybe it's time all my secrets come to light. Time that I come clean and let them think what they want of me. I can take the job at Funk Jungle and stop being in danger. Just face everything head on once and for all, even if that means losing everyone I hold dear. The skeletons are going to spill out sooner or later anyways.