Chapter Twenty

[Time 19:30]

     Looking myself over in the mirror one more time before smiling. Taking a deep breath while walking out of my room. Slowly descending down my stairs seeing all my friends waiting for me. "Damn babygirl you look gorgeous and sexy," Pearl spoke coming over to me. "Thank you," I spoke taking the hand he held out to me.
    Once off the stairs he had me do a spin so he could see the full outfit. "Absolutely stunning," He spoke placing a kiss to my forehead. "You look amazing Akari," Bernie and Sarah spoke. "If you weren't taken already I'd for sure snatch you up," Nine spoke flashing a smile. "You look beautiful," Ice spoke giving a smirk. "Thank you," I stated giving a smile to everyone.
     "Do you have your knives," Pearl questioned while looking down at me. Pulling my skirt up slightly showing the knives. "Is that your gun on the other side?" He questioned. "Yeah, Asahi messaged last night saying I needed that as well. This job is twice as dangerous than the regular ones," I stated.
     "I hate you doing this," Bernie and Pearl stated. "I'll be safe, I'll come back in one piece," I stated giving a reassuring smile. "If anything happens to you, I just might murder someone," Bernie spoke. "Gonna have to beat me to it," Pearl stated. "Promise I'll come back," I stated, patting Bernie's shoulder and placing a kiss on Pearls cheek.

[Time 19:50]

   A knock sounded from the door prompting me to go answer it. Opening it seeing a taller man with long brown hair, pulled back into a neat bun. His emerald green suit matching my dress, and a kind smile painted on his face.
    "You much be Akari-san. I'm Masaru your date for this evening and your new work partner," He spoke slowly bowing. "It's nice to meet you Masaru. You don't need to be formal just call me Akari," I stated opening the door wider so he could come inside.
      "We have to leave in a few minutes I just wanted to get here early to meet you, and everyone else I knew would be waiting with you," He spoke coming inside. "Ah well this is my older brother Bernie. Next to him is my boyfriend Pearl. Then we have 9, Ice, and Sarah. I'd introduce you to Ryu but he's busy this evening and couldn't be here," I spoke introducing everyone.
    Slowly he walked up to Bernie and Pearl bowing. "I promise I'll keep her safe and bring her back in one piece. If she ends up hurt please blame me for not paying proper attention," He stated before standing.
     Sighing I slipped into my heals and grabbed my small clutch turning to face the others. "I'll be safe I promise," I stated flashing a smile. "Shall we?" Masaru questioned. Giving a nod I took his arm before leaving.

[Time 20:00]

    Once we pulled away I dropped my smile and took a deep breath. "Relax I'll keep you safe. I have my knives and gun inside my jacket. If anything happens I'll use them," He spoke flashing me a quick look. "I have my knives and gun strapped to my thighs," I stated looking out the window. "Also we have matching masquerade mask in the back grab them please," He spoke.
    Nodding I reached back grabbing a box opening it seeing two emerald green mask. Pulling mine out slipping it on as we pulled into the party. Parking he reached over putting his on as well. Giving each other a look before getting out.

[Time 20:25]

    Once we entered the party we were each handed a party chip and a glass of champagne. Bowing and smiling we slowly made our way inside. "The sooner we find what we need the sooner we get to leave," Masaru whispered to me. "I know but we can seem suspicious," I whispered back. Nodding we flashed smiles at the other guest. Going around mingling with some.
    Everything was lively until it wasn't. Things became deathly silent the moment a tall mean looking older man walked into the room. His eyes landed directly on me causing me to become nervous. Slowly he walked up to me grabbing my hand bringing it to his mouth. "Didn't realize such a beautiful lady would be joining up tonight," He mused.
    Smiling up at him taking a breath as his hand was placed on my waist. "Shall we dance," He spoke guiding me to the dance floor. Slowly we danced along with other couples until he guided me back over to Masaru.
    "Ladies and gentlemen thank you for coming to my party tonight. I hope you all enjoy yourselves but I have some business to attend to at the moment," He announced grabbing my hand pulling me with him.
   Glancing back at Masaru giving him a look while he stared at me panicked. Turning back to the man beside me giving a smile. "Where are we going?" I questioned softly. "My office so we can have some privacy," He stated looking over at me.