[ 24 ] S L U T S H A M E

The next morning, the scene was exactly as I had imagined it last night

The next morning, the scene was exactly as I had imagined it last night. Everybody's eyes were on me, and I felt uncomfortable. I lowered my gaze and made my way to my desk.

" Bahut sahi jagah hath mara hai tumne Swara" a girl taunted me, drawing attention from the crowd. I decided to ignore her. If I explained to every person, I'd never finish, and the taunts would continue regardless.

[You've hit the nail on the head, Swara,]

I needed to meet Mr. Rudransh to change my position. "You are right," Miss Trisha arrived there.

"I was expecting this from you. I have known about you from the start. Girls like you know very well how to trap rich guys for money," she asserted, crossing her arms in front of me.

"I don't want to waste my time," I ignored her and stepped away. "Fucking gold digger," she mumbled. Her words made my legs freezed. "I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I countered, my legs trembling, my heart clenching at her words. I gulped and didn't break eye contact with her.

"Fucking gold digger who can sleep with men for money," she repeated with a dirty smirk. My eyes filled with tears as soon as I heard those words directed at me. I glanced around and found people exchanging smiles with each other.

My sister reached out to us. She stayed silent while Trisha continued her tirade. "This is nothing. I've seen you in his bedroom in London. What were you doing there? Oh yeah, you slept with him because of the promotion or higher salary... You know what, Rudransh doesn't give a fuck about you. He'll throw you away as soon as his work is finished and he gets bored with you. But yeah, you'll find some other man then..."

Di reached to us.
"It's a rumor," Di recalled, coming in front of me. "Dia, check on her. She was with–"

I stepped back. It was all useless if there was a clear misunderstanding there. They all lost their senses, and I was going to lose mine. I made my way to the washroom. Each step felt heavier than the last. I closed the door behind me.

I was broken to see how immature those girls were. Degrading other women seemed to be in trend now. Even if she liked him, how could she do that? I came to the city just to earn, not for these accusations. How would I face my parents now?

Now that one percent hope was killed too. How would I be supposed to live if we fell in love with each other?

Looking at myself in the mirror, I talked to myself. "I just wanted to earn money with my work. And I didn't have any plans to date anybody. I don't want to get attached to anybody, I don't want to fall in love. But why I look away when he's in front of my eyes. Why is this happening to me? He doesn't deserve such dirty accusations."

At that moment, I was a mixture of emotions. Extremely sad because all those people blamed me, feeling broken because I was going to distance myself from him, and feeling disappointed with these women's mindset. My tears didn't ready stop and kept falling. My hands trembling with those words kept shouting inside my ears. My neck muscles tensed with a sob and continued gulping.