[ 19 ] E V E N T

I came back with my makeup, placing it on the dressing table. He pulled the stool and signaled me to sit on it, following his instructions. I was still not clear about why he was doing this. Was he going to help me?

(Note: Author doesn't know makeup; please don't mind.)

"No, I'll do it myself," I said, and snatched the liner from his hand. He was going to ruin my face. Everything till now was still easy, but putting the same liner on both sides—how could he do that?

"Don't you trust me?" He tried to manipulate me with his innocent-looking eyes, "No , ” I clarified, " Give it to me,"  he  said and snatched it back. As I was going to stand up, he held my shoulder and pushed me down. My eyes widened as he locked my knees between his legs. He was standing, and I was sitting. I was still surprised. He didn't even seem to be aware of what he was doing. He just wanted to put liner on, and I was noticing him getting close to me day by day. There were many questions for him, about him, to ask him.

"Close your eyes," he said , gently holding my chin and making me face him properly. I closed my eyes. As my eyes closed, the flashback of his last night's words started running. His red eyes and soft, meaningful words. His grip, the way he was looking at me.

He blew air from his mouth to dry the liner. I opened my eyes, and he went to the dressing table, putting things back into my makeup bag. "Lipstick, I guess gloss will look good on you," he suggested and picked one. I was too lost, and I didn't respond. I was busy staring at him.

They said perfection doesn't exist, but I deny knowing him.

He came to my face level, his sparkling eyes with a smile, staring into my eyes. He was applying lipstick, his breath hitting against my nose and lips. His amber eyes and long lashes moved slowly while fixing on my lips. I felt a tickling sensation inside my stomach, feeling him this much closer to me.

"Done," he whispered, setting my hair. I opened my eyes, and he smiled. "Why are you doing this?" I eventually questioned him, my voice was low, and I blinked slowly. I couldn't stop staring at this closeness. He straightened his back and stepped back. He can't ignore this question. He has to answer me. He turned his face; I held his wrist. "Sir, you can't ignore—"

"We are running late," he spoke up in the middle of my words, and I released his hand, picking up the bag from the table. I glanced at him before leaving. He looked away with a gasp. When I held the doorknob, "I don't like repeating my words," he said firmly, hands inside his pocket and walking to me. "But, if you are asking, I can tell thousands of times," he continued and ended with a smile on his face. There is no reason left to ask him why as he already answered. He doesn't like repeating his words, but for me, he can do the same thousands of times.

 ⁠✿

When we reached the event, the cameras' flashing lights directly hit my eyes. I closed my eyes , I turned away and ran inside; it was hard for me to stay there. I left him outside, knowing I was his assistant.