Chapter 12 [ Heartburn ]

I called her and Mr

I called her and Mr. Smith to my house around 2 p.m. He and I sat in the living room discussing his return. The doorbell rang, and the worker went to open it. "Rudransh sir kya hai ye-

[Rudransh sir, what's this?]

She stopped as her eyes fell on her so-called new friend. She was in a gray dress and heels, a low ponytail, and a digital watch around her wrist. "Oh Miss Oberoi, you are here too," he reacted, standing up from his seat. "Yeah, I was almost ready then Rudransh sir called me," she told, reaching to us.

These guys are going to be best friends if this guy stays one more day here.

"May we return to our work?" I interpreted with a cough; they finally focused on another thing other than each other.

They sat, and I opened a tablet in front of them, "What's this?" He asked, taking the tab closer, "designs," I answered and took a sip of my coffee. "You have to select any three of them," I continued getting back to the position, "these three-

"Are you his assistant?" I cut off her words. She took a break in the middle, glaring at me back, and I took another sip. She cleared her throat, maybe in realization, and sat straight.

"Mr. Rudransh, we guys have a plan for coffee-

"I know Mr. Alec, but see yourself, this is important too, isn't it?" I cut him off like I don't know about his plan. He glanced back at the screen.

"Miss Oberoi, help me," he asked for help moving closer to her, my eyes went to her hands; she was covering her leg with a skirt, "Sir, I guess-

She stopped and looked at me, I raised my eyebrow to sign her to ask "What?". She shook her head and looked back at the screen. "Si-sir-

Her voice shuttering made my heart compelled to stare at her to know what was wrong with her. She looked down and clutched her bracelet; without wasting another second, I stood  they she stood up too, looking confused , I gripped on her wrist, Pulled her towards me.

"She is my secretary; if you need any help, ask your one," I clarified with a glare.

"But-

"Mr. Alec, you are not her friend here; we are discussing the collaboration," I finished, my eyebrow raised upward by default. I shifted my glance to her, who was already staring at me.

Why the hell she look at me like this , she should not. I gulped, released her hand and sat back.

We finished and noticed it's alright evening , "Good evening," she said, started walking to the door. "Miss Oberoi," he called out with his ugly voice. While reaching her, he continued,

"Noon left, it's evening, let's go ahead with dinner."

"Hmm?" She moved her orbs to me , I was standing at a distance from them, I was waiting for her answer, was she gonna agree or deny? She nodded, which made me heave a sigh; my heart ached, and I felt a strange thing in my chest that was not good for my health.