Chapter 9 [ Right person ]

Did I do the right thing? She just told me to stay away from her personal life

Did I do the right thing? She just told me to stay away from her personal life. How could I send her these long paragraphs? But she can't just be thinking about dying; this is wrong.

I got interrupted from my thoughts when Grandma put her hand on my arm. "Beta."
"Hmm."
"This is the very first-time Rudransh is sitting with his grandmother but is busy with his phone," she said, looking down. " It means someone else come into your life who is more special than me."

"It's not like that, Dadi," I put back my phone inside my pocket. "No one can replace you; you are special and you will always be, always," I reassured her by lying down beside her.

"But, Rudransh, someone has come into your life who cannot be replaced, neither more special than me, but they will be the second special person in your life. Well, my life isn't too long left-"

"Don't say things like this; otherwise, I will leave." I don't like it when she talks about all this, I don't know about the future and I don't want to know too. "Okay, okay, I'm not talking about anything," she chuckled.

"But, Rudransh, I think you should get married."
"I will not marry in my lifetime," I informed her, in case she is hoping to have a granddaughter-in-law.

"To marry, she should be the right person, and I haven't met anyone like that. I don't believe in love, and I can't ruin someone's life when I can't care about her after marriage." I clarified, getting ready to leave. I stood up.

"See, beta, I'm not saying to get married today or tomorrow. I meant to say that if she is the right person, she will make you feel special. She will be the one in front of you with whom you will smile and laugh with your heart out," she said, sitting up.

"Don't marry if she is not the right person, but if she is the right one, don't let her go." She advised, I nodded, and kissed her forehead before leaving. "Good night."

While returning to my room, my grandma's words echoed in my mind. A face came into focus as I found myself thinking about her.

But why the hell am I thinking about her? I can't think of marrying a girl who contemplated self-harm, someone who appears irresponsible and immature. I should prevent myself from becoming as reckless as her.