[ 30 ] D E L U S I O N

"Swara, what are we?"

My heart raced wildly as I called her by name, my stomach tickled, and with a rush of emotions, I tightened my hand on hers. How beautiful it is to call her name. How beautiful it is.

If I were going to tell someone that the very first time I called her name, my heart filled with excitement, I felt butterflies, and I was feeling like the happiest person, then they would think I'm overreacting. But who knows? I might have hugged her with that sudden excitement, but I just held her hand tightly.

I was eagerly waiting for her to answer.

I stole a glance at her. "How beautiful it is, why don't you say my name?" After staying silent for half a minute, she spoke.

"We are each other's closest person yet strangers."

"Why are we strangers?" I questioned.

"I want to be with you. I want to be your friend, but I'm compelled. Compelled with responsibility, promise, boundaries," she said, sighing. Her sigh was too heavy, filled with disbelief and pressure.

She turned to the other side, and I hugged her from behind. I was being selfish. Because it was the happiest moment for me, yet the saddest.

She put her head on my arms as I put it under her head. She held my forehead.

"Agar hum dono shadi kar le?"

[ If we both get married with each other ? ]

Her question brightened my eyes. And another hope arose inside me. Another dream, another thing to paint. Another thing to sing and another to grow more for a better future. Being a future husband, father, and grandfather.

"Phir hamare kitne Sundar Sundar bache honge," she giggled in a low tone. I was smiling like an idiot, like we are going to marry just after the sun rises.

[ Then how beautiful beautiful ours kids will ]

She is beautiful, beautiful like an angel. Of course, our kids must be beautiful.

"Papa ji itne handsome hai unke," she muttered again and turned to me. She was hiding her face in my chest, and she got shy. I chuckled at the way she held my shirt, face pressed against my chest.

[ Their father is handsome ]

"How beautiful it will be," she whispered. I just noticed she was lying above me. How perfectly she balances herself over me. My hands supported her to be there.

If by chance we can stay like this forever, I would never take my hands off her waist.

"It will make myself the best husband in the whole world. I will give everything to my kids like care, my time, my love, my money, everything which is mine, and during these ages, I would... My wife, means you. I will make you realize in marriage love can stay forever, this is not just for a year."