Chapter 3 [ Fictional & Real world ]

I sat inside the car with my cousin sister, Diya

I sat inside the car with my cousin sister, Diya. "Where were you? I was searching for you everywhere. At least you should have picked up the phone," she scolded me, and I knew I deserved it, so I stayed quiet, lost in my own thoughts. "Wait, what's wrong with your saree, Swara? I'm talking to you. I'm asking something," she continued.

I snapped back to reality, "Huh?...Oh yeah, I fell in the pool. I was busy drying there," I said, while Mr. Mittal appeared and handed me the bag. My sister gave me a piercing look. "I forgot it there," I informed her and looked down. "You can't be so careless," she scolded me again.

I gave Mr. Mittal his blazer back, but he didn't accept it. "Swara, keep wearing this. You'll catch a cold," he suggested and i put it on me.

As we returning home , I couldn't stop thinking about him. Mr. Mittal had driven off after I returned his blazer. " Thank you "

Inside the house, I quickly changed my clothes and sat at my desk. I opened my diary, picked up a pen, and started writing about the day. It felt like he was still holding my waist, gazing into my eyes, even though he wasn't there.

"That wasn't the first time I saw him, but it was the first time I truly admired him. Even if I saw him every day, his eyes on me made it feel like the first time," I wrote.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a cup being placed on my table. My sister had made tea for me. She was so thoughtful. "There's no need for..." I began to say.

I was in the middle of a sentence when I sneezed, and my sister shot me a disapproving look. Without saying anything, I took the cup from the table . She sat at the table and sipped her tea.

"Did something happen at the party?" she asked, her eyes on my diary. I slowly covered the page with my hand. "No... why do you think that?" I questioned.

"Oh... you looked lost since you came back from the party," she said, offering me her dupatta, which I took to drape over my shoulder. "There's nothing like that, Di, it's just...

"I know you very well. Did someone say something to you? Tell me, and I'll deal with them " she declared.

Her words made me chuckle. I sometimes thought her caring nature would be the death of me. "Well, actually, Sanaya accidentally spilled wine on me, and I went inside his house. I saw a pool there and thought of using its water to clean my saree. I was nearly finished when Sir came..." I stopped with a gasp.

"Aniket?" she asked. I looked at her face, searching for words to explain. I sighed and turned my face towards the wall.

"No... Rudransh Sir," I said, and her eyes widened. "Then?" she asked.

"He mistook me for Trisha ma'am, and I was leaving. I accidentally bumped into him."

"What?" She stood up, putting her cup down. "What did he say? Did he scold you or get rude?"