[ 23 ] S T E P B A C K

Target for next update : 1k votes

Don't forget to give your feedback or comments.

“Di," I turned to my sister, she yanked my hand from her shoulder, and we left

At that moment, I felt scared and sad at the same time. Should I comfort my sister or myself? Should I feel bad for him because he's getting dragged into this mess too, or should I be scared for myself because if my parents find out, they would kill me? Should I feel bad for myself because she slapped me or should I feel bad for her because she got scolded?

I stayed and didn't go to comfort anyone, sitting on the bed with my back against the wall, folding my knees. I decided not to go anywhere, not to comfort anyone. Whenever she feels fine, she will come, and we will continue the conversation.

I was supposed to worry about the rumor, but my thoughts were stuck on him. How far we had come, how far we had crossed the limits. My heart kept fluttering at the thought of his actions. How could he threaten someone for me? His reactions kept clearing my doubts.

He left the house in anger, which seemed a matter to worry about.

I picked up my phone and called him, even though I knew he might not answer or would hang up without listening.

Surprisingly, he picked up the call. I thought he wouldn't since he ignored me while leaving. He was silent, and I was searching for words. Why was I getting so nervous talking to him? I was the same girl who had the guts to scold him, but now, just because destiny was bringing us together, I was confused with my words, and my heart was beating like a drum.

"Where are you?" I questioned, my tone low.

"...Going home," he responded, and I could sense the anger in his tone.

"Drive safe, Rudransh... sir," for a moment, I forgot he was my boss and forgot to add 'sir' at the end.

"You left in anger, so—"

"So, you were worrying about me?" He asked in the middle, leaving me speechless. Now I couldn't deny it or say it clearly because I had urged him to drive safely.

"Bye," I said and hung up the call. I had to be heartless because he was independent, but I had my parents in front of my eyes and other responsibilities. My parents didn't want me to have any relationship with a guy.

I had to be heartless because, in my family, girls don't choose their grooms; they only choose their bridal lehenga. In our family, girls don't get to choose their future partners; they have to leave their choices behind because their parents don't allow love marriages, and I couldn't make a guy fall in love with me if I couldn't be with him.

I knew he must feel bad because he responded to me even in anger and talked to me nicely, and here I hung up the call in the middle.