Chapter 6 [ Remove your heels ]

After I handed him a cup of black coffee, he said , I returned to my desk

After I handed him a cup of black coffee, he said , I returned to my desk. It was break time, and Dia approached my table. "How's it going with him?" she asked, but I noticed a coffee cup in her hand.

"Thank you," I said, reaching for it, but she quickly pulled it back. "What's wrong? Please make another one for yourself. I'm quite busy, and I need this," I requested, as I had caught a cold because of last night and needed the warmth.

"Go and make it for yourself," she said, moving to take a sip, but I stopped her in the middle as she was about to yank my hand, preventing a coffee spill on the papers. "Hawwww, what did you do?" My reaction came out, and I quickly picked up the papers that were placed separately on the table.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Swara. Wait, let me-"

"No need. Do you know these are Rudransh sir's important papers? Now he will kill me," I complained and sat in a chair because there was no use in cleaning it up. The mess had already been made.

My phone rang, which was in my pocket. I placed the papers on the table to retrieve my phone. I answered the call, "Mummy, maine aap se kitni baar mana Kiya, abhi me kaam-"

[ Mummy , how many times I have told you , I am currently work- ]

My words stopped when I heard my mother sobbing. "...mum...mummy kya hua?"

[ ...mum... mummy what happens ? ]

"Beta...tere papa yaha hospital me-"

[ daughter , Your father is in hospital ]

"Kya hua papa ko?" My eyes welled up with tears. When it comes to my parents, my eyes fill with tears quickly. I'm living far away from them for my father's treatment. "Tere papa hum yaha hospital laye hai, doctor andar hai abhi, unke Dil me phir se dard hua." My mother was crying on the call, and I hated myself for not being able to do anything.

[ What happened to dad ?
Your dad is in hospital , doctor is inside , his again got heart attack ]

"Rudransh is calling you," Aniket informed and left. "Mummy, me aapse thodi der me baat karti hu, jese ki doctor kuch bataye, mujhe call karna."

[ Mummy , i will talk to you later , when doctor come out , call me ]

"I'm sorry, mummy. I had to hang up. I worked hard to get this job, and I can't afford to lose it. I know I hurt you, but I can't make a mistake on my first day."

I wiped away my tears. I had to hold back my emotions; I couldn't show weakness in the office.

I went to his cabin and knocked on the door. "Come in," he said, standing and talking to someone on the phone in front of the huge glass wall that revealed the city view.

"Miss Oberoi," he called my name and looked back at me. "Bring those papers and send them to the client with my phone," he said, and it felt like the floor slipped from under my feet. Thousands of questions rushed through my mind in just 2 seconds. How? What will happen now? How could I be so careless, and how will he react? Should I apologize now that I might be out of this office?