Part 81: On The Road Again!

A/N: Hey guys! Just a quick author note to tell you this short chapter is a just a filler. Drama is coming soon, and the end of this first book is coming soon as well! Brace yourselves, guys! 
With L.O.V.E, 
Julie

Neverland Ranch, Los Olivos, California, 4th January 1988

Michael'spoint of view

I never was this happy in my entire life. I had everything I wanted: aperfect career, a wonderful home, an amazing girlfriend... Everything seemed to be perfect for me. Since I was back, June took really good care of me. Knowing I felt really insecure about my physical appearance those days because of my skin condition, she made sure that I felt loved and beautiful by repeating how gorgeous I was all day long. She also made sure that I slept well, that I wasn't stressed out by things about my album or my tour. She had been perfect. She talked to me about what she said to Dr. Jones about me: the fact that she felt guilty and selfish for not being able to take care of me during the past month. I tried to reassure her by telling her that she didn't need to take care of me, that I was the one who was supposed to take good care of her. As stubborn as she is, she didn't want to hear a word I said, and began to be really caring towards me. Not that I didn't like it, I really did, but I didn't want her to feel obligated to do so. Of course, she insisted, and said she loved to do so.

June's move in was finalized on 2nd January. Of course there were tears from her mother. She was really happy for the both of us, but June is her only child left, and seeing her walking away across the country was quite hard for her. She left her a spare key to the family house, so June can come there whenever she wants to. She was used to see June practically everyday. However, her boss, Damon Grey, seemed to be a good friend to her. He helped June and her mother for the move in. He insisted on saying that it didn't bother him to give them a hand, and I found this pretty kind of him. But June doesn't feel the guy. She's been having real doubts about his kindness since the day she met him, on Chritmas. I just think she doesn't like the fact that another man is close from her mother. She's somehow afraid she'll replace her father by someone else. I don't think it's his intentions towards Michelle, though. He really looks sincere, and he is always really nice to June. I just think he wants to be her friend, just like he is with her mother. But I understand though. I know why she's so hesitant about him. She's been betrayed by two people she really trusted, so it's understandable she'll need time to trust people again, right?

As I was closing my suitcase to go back on tour, June came behind me in what we call our bedroom now. She leant on the door frame, and looked at me, a sad face on. I knew she was sad that I had to leave her again for four whole months. It really felt like this tour was never going to end.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, now looking at her. "What's that look?"

"Let me come with you," she blurted out. "I don't want to be away from you again."

"I don't want either, but I want you to think about your health," I said, walking closer to her. "You've done it before, you know how touring is exhausting and stressful. You don't need this, baby. I don't want to put you through this," I amditted, now standing in front of her.

"What if this is what I want? I'll be fine, Michael. My heart's much better now, Dr. Warren told you himself!"

"I know, but I'm afraid. I don't want anything to happen to you, June. I'll kill myself if something happened to you under my watch."

"Nothing's going to happen to me, honey. As long as I'm with you, everything will be fine," she told me, taking my hands in hers and looking at me lovingly. "Don't you need a translator to follow you wherever you go, anyway?" she smiled at me and winked.

"You're impossible," I laughed, moving a strand of hair from her eyes.

"I know," she shrugged. "But you love me, right?"

"Of course I do," I smiled.

"So take me with you," she commanded, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I'll be good, I promise. No drama."

"I'm serious, baby. I really don't want you to come and--"

"Maybe you just don't want me to be on tour with you again, after what happened and all..." she stated, putting her arms at her sides again, looking at the floor.

"What?" I asked, my eyes widened. "No, that's not what I said. Baby, look at me," I gently asked her, but she didn't. "Look at me," I demanded again. I cupped her face in my hands, and made her look at me. "I'm just worried about your health. I'd love to have you on tour with me again, honestly. You know how lonely I get when I'm on tour, but when you were with me, I felt good for the first time while touring."

"Let me come with you then,"she said in a low voice. "Please, baby," she begged with her puppy dog eyes.

I sighed heavily, "I don't know... I don't want you to be mobbed or anything. You don't belong to this world, and I wish you'd never have to be a part of it..."

"Hey, don't blame yourself, ok? I'm a part of it now because I wanted to, remember? You didn't force me to do it or anything. Don't be so harsh with yourself, baby. I love my life just the way it is now," she smiled at me, putting her arms back around my neck. "All I want is to spend time with the man I love, and be by his side through everything."

"Who's that man?" I asked her, smirking. "He's lucky to have a woman like you by his side."

"Well, my man is adorable, sexy, gorgeous, loving, caring, funny... Did I say he was fucking sexy?" She whispered on my lips.

"Watch your mouth," I answered back, smirking. "This man of yours looks perfect. Can I meet him?"

"Sure you can meet him," she said, taking my hand and dragging me to the bathroom. She placed me in front of the mirror, and smiled wide. "Here is my perfect boyfriend. Sexy, isn't he?" She asked, sitting on the bathroom counter.

"Then only sexy thing I see right now is you," I seductively said. As I was about to kiss her lips, June put her finger on my lips, a frown on her face. "What?"

"What did I tell you about you denying that you're sexy?"

"That I should stop, I know. I'm sorry," I said, an apologetic look on my face.

She smiled at me, and removed her finger from my lips. She put her hands on my neck, and pulled me towards her lips to give me a long heated kiss. She pulled back, and looked right in my eyes. "Tell me, Michael, what do you think about the idea to have me on tour with you, and being able to do that whenever you want to?" She asked me, kissing my neck.

"Shoot..." I whispered, enjoying her kisses. "Go pack your stuff, we're leaving tonight," I told her and she jumped off of the countertop, clapping her hands together. I couldn't help but smile big at the sight. She gave me a hug and a long kiss and headed to the walk-in closet excitedely. "Hurry, we're going to UCLA this afternoon!" I called from the bathroom.

"Okay!" she shouted happily, which made me laugh slightly. 

I just can't stop loving her.