Part 54: Twisted minds

/!\ WARNING! This part contains some strong language, so if you don't want to read it, I invite you to pass this chapter. xx

June's point of view

This has to be a joke, right? I mean, I didn't talk to my 'best friend' since my dad's funerals. She just ignored me, ignored my texts, my calls. She was acting all cold, and now, she's here, in front of me, a smile on her face. What am I supposed to do? Should I let her in? 

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a drier way than expected. 

"I'm here to apologize, I've been such a bitch with you." She said, handing me a box. "Here, I brought our favourite chocolates." Her smile slowly faded, and she continued speaking. "Am I bothering you?"

"Um, it's just, um. Michael's here." 

"Oh, ok. I'll let you alone, then. I hope we could have a talk, to, um... To catch up, you know." She shyly said. This is the first time I see Anna acting this way. I mean, she's all why and nervous, she normally is all crazy and smiling from ear to ear all the time. 

"It's ok, come on in." I said, taking a step aside to let her in. I closed the door behind us, and we walked to the living room, where Michael was. 

"Are you sure I'm not bothering you? I mean, I can come back later." Anna asked, behind me. I shook my head no and told her it was ok. Soon, we arrived in the living room. Michael stood up, and looked at Anna wide eyed. He didn't expect her to come as much as me. 

"Oh, um. Hi Anna!" He said, waving at her. 

"H-hi, Michael. I'm sorry, I have to get used to all of this. You know, you being in the same room as me and actually talking to me." She nervously laughed.

"It's ok. I'm going to bed anyway, you guys need to have a talk, and I'm not apart of it." Michael declared, walking next to me. "I'll see you later" he whispered to me, and kissed me on the lips. "I love you"

"I love you too" I said, before letting go of him. "So," I began, sitting on the couch while looking at Anna. "Go ahead, I'm listenning." Anna sat on the armchair next to me, and began to play with her fingers, which means that she is nervous. I use to do the same thing... 

"What do you want me to say? Like I told you, I'm sorry."

"I would like to know the reason why you're sorry"

"I... I freaked out." She admitted. 

"You... Freaked out? What do you mean?"

"When you told me you were dating Michael, it's like you betrayed me..."

"I betrayed you? I don't get it, right now" I said, confused. What does she means?

"It's like you forgot about me, I felt left behind. I'm supposed to be your best friend, June, and you just walked away, and lived your happy life with Michael. You didn't even told me about your dad, my mom did..." She said. I felt like she wasn't completely honest with me. There have to be something else. 

"Yeah, happy life" I sarcastically said. "A lot has been going on lately, you can't even imagine. I'm sorry if you felt left behind, but I was overwehlmed by all of this. Why didn't you answer my calls and my texts to tell me all of this? Why did you wait that long?"

"Because I'm also mad at you..."

"You... mad... at me?" I asked, in perfect disbelief. 

"Yeah. I'm jealous of you, June. You have him, and I have nothing."

"So what? You want me to share Michael because we're friends and this is what friends do? Share?" I sarcastically asked, forcing a laugh. 

Anna's point of view