Part 70: Leave Me Alone

Michael's point of view

"What do you want?" I asked, not wanting to talk to this jerk.

"I just wanted to check up on you. I told you. I'm your friend," he declared.

"Yeah, right," I sarcastically laughed.

"Listen, Mike. I'm sorry for what I've done. I am sincerely sorry," he told me in a soft voice.

"You should have thought about the consequences before acting like you did."

"I know... It's just," he sighed heavily, "I had some issues back then..."

"Oh yeah, you had issues, that's a fact. You laid your hands on my girl! What's the matter with you?" I said, raising my voice. I started to become upset again.

"I know, dammnit! I shouldn't have done this," he sighed again.

"Why are you calling, Frank?" I sternly asked him. "I have things to do."

"I want you to take me back as your manager."

"You what?" I laughed. "Look, I have to go."

"No, wait! Michael, please. I'll apologize to June if this is what you want. I'll do it. Just give her the phone."

"She's not with me," I said in a low voice.

"Oh. So it's true, you guys broke up?"

Huh? Broke up?

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, she's your translator, she should be here with you," he said, in a matter-of-factly tone. "Where is she?"

"It's none of your buisness. Too bad for you, we're still together, and we're really happy."

"W-What? You're still with her?"

"Goodbye Frank," I said, annoyed, and hung up the phone.

What was all that about? I didn't hear from him since I fired him, and he just comes out of the blue like this, like nothing happened? That phone call was pretty weird. It's not like him to apologize this easily. I heard he's someone else's manager now, so why would he be my manager again? And why does he care about my relationship with June? All he wanted to do when he was still my manager was to break us, and now he cares about my feelings towards her? There is something I don't get.

I can't believe he had the nerves to call me. I really have something else to think about. I have a tour to handle, I have no time to think about my former manager and his abusive ways.

Frank's point of view

I can't believe Michael is still with this girl. They should have broke up. She's no good for Michael, she'll always bring drama and distraction into his life, and he doesn't need this. He doesn't need anything to focus on, but his career. He is Michael freaking Jackson, he has to be 100% focused on his fans and on his career. How can a girl walk into his life and change this? I've been thinking about calling him for months, but I was always waiting for the right time to do it, and inconsciously, I wished he would have called me to give me my job back. But now, everything is clear. He's still with her, and he won't hire me back if she's still his girl. He claims to love her, but I know Michael. I know him like he is my own son. He falls in love pretty fast, and not with the right person, and I can tell you this June girl isn't the right one for him. I know a lot of stuff about her thanks to my mistress' daughter. I used her feelings for Michael to make him and June break up, and she assured me they broke up, that she succeded. The poor girl, she doesn't even know the guy and she claims to be in love with him, but let's face it, she's just another fangirl drooling over him. There are so much girls like her in this world. Poor thing.