34.

"Let us help you. I'm sure one Cypress or Rowan would be more than happy to carry your things." Abigail bit her cheek as River and Cypress spoke to one another in their language. Azzalea had already told her they were discussing how to cross.

Azzalea gave her a quick smile and shook her head. "You and I both know these Giants are full of pride. River will never ask or allow for anyone else to tend to his things." She shrugged. "It's just how it is."

River looked back and spoke to Azzalea.

Abigail blinked in surprise when he turned to look at her and spoke again. "What did he say?"

"He said," Azzalea paused to swipe at the fur suit in Creek's face, "not to worry. He's crossed this water a hundred times."

"How did he know I was worried?"

Azzalea bounced the toddler on her hip. "He's been around me long enough to understand some words and facial expressions. Plus, Giants have a keen sense of smell and hearing. They can hear your heart speed up and your scent changes when you get nervous and other... Things." A sly smile appeared on her face.

Abigail felt her cheeks go red. "Other.... Things?"

Azzalea smacked her lips and nodded. "In a heartbeat. We can't hide anything from them but River will come running the minute I..." She giggled. "I'm sure you noticed they always seem to know and are always in the mood when you are."

"That's crazy." Abigail thought back to their intimate moments. Then she noticed Pine and Rowan glanced over to her as the embarrassment ran its course through her. The fact they knew she was embarrassed made it even worse. She avoided their eyes and made a face at Azzalea.

Azzalea found her amusing. "You get used to it. Eventually, you use it to your advantage."

"Giants are something else."

River walked over to Azzalea and kissed her lips. He placed his forehead against hers. "River and Azzalea."

"River and Azzalea." She kissed him once more. And then turned to Abigail. "River and Cypress are going to cross first. He's taking our stuff over before coming back for me. He wants to show your fellers the right path to use through the slick rocks."

Abigail watched as Pine and Rowan stood on the bank, watching intently as River and Cypress stripped and began their journey across the fast-paced river. It must've been cold because Cypress hissed through his teeth and shivered as he held their things above his head.

Cypress cursed as his foot slipped and nearly lost his fur in the water. He knew better than any not to complain out loud but he didn't care for having to carry his fur, his traveling things, and another satchel full of Abigail's stuff.

The night prior Rowan had built a nest against a boulder using limbs and laying fur over them to protect them from the outside. Cypress had stifled his protest when he realized it was only big enough for his brothers and Abigail, leaving him to fend for himself. The night had been a brisk one and he slept near them, wrapped in the only for he had thought to bring. What infuriated him the most was the noises coming from the makeshift shelter. Though barely audible, he couldn't help but hear the satisfied moan Abigail released as one of his brothers finished her off. Probably with their fingers.

Cypress jerked as he nearly fell, bringing himself back to his current task of not drowning. He shook his head to clear it. He couldn't wait to tell Abigail he was the one who originally saved her from death. It was he who wanted her in the beginning. Pine talked about gifts that Abigail gave them and at first, he hadn't truly understood. Now he was sure Pine only spoke about her mating slit, or at least his brothers seemed to be enjoying it while he was out in the cold.

He raised his chin as he emerged from the water. River was already starting a fire for them. Cypress just couldn't wait to tell Abigail. He stood by the fire as River turned back to cross once more.

Abigail bit her cheek as Pine situated her on his shoulders. She had never been on anyone's shoulders before much less crossing a fast-paced river. Azzalea was perched on River's shoulders as if it were nothing and held their son, Creek who was at her breast.

"The first time is always scary but once you know how to move, it gets easier." Azzalea attempted to reassure her.

"Are you ok?" Pine looked over at his nervous brother. Rowan's tics had returned but they were only slight. It was mostly his shoulder and eyebrow being affected. He had been quiet when they had found River and his family. Pine knew he was embarrassed, especially when the halfling looked at him with curiosity when he started to growl, making nonsense words.

"Yes," Rowan took a deep breath, "I... I am fine."

The plan was for them to walk side by side. Rowan was going to hold the rest of their things, including their furs and Pine was going to focus on Abigail.

Taking his deep breath, Pine grit his teeth as his feet come to the cold water. It was much colder than expected, probably due to coming off a high mountain somewhere above them. He glanced over to Rowan, who was extremely focused on his task at hand. Inch by inch they made their way in, carefully stepping the way River was in front of them.

"There is a dip over to our right. I suggest Rowan steps behind." River called out.

Rowan shared a look of uncertainty with Pine but moved behind.

Abigail could feel the coldness coming from the water on the heels of her feet and that was through the leather fur shoes Pine had crafted for her before starting this journey to the Tribe. She gasped as River jerked, attempting to right himself.

"Slippery here," River said through clenched teeth as he cursed himself, not only because now his ankle was in extreme pain but also because Azzalea's feet had gotten wet. He had known the spot was coming, he had just lost it for a minute.

Pine grunted his acknowledgment and passed over the slippery spot with extreme caution.

River finally made it to the other side, ignoring Cypress' hand out to help him. He quickly took Azzalea from his shoulders and removed her fur, thankful she had worn a thinner pair of leg coverings underneath.

Pine, Abigail, and Rowan made it across. Rowan took Abigail down and before they could say anything to her, she went over to the other woman. "Are you ok?"

Azzalea looked up. "I'm fine. Just a little wet but it's really nothing to worry about." She smiled but her face was still tight with worry. Her eyebrows had come together and stayed that way. "Are you ok?"

"I'm sorry, Fawn." River growled quietly. He ignored his throbbing ankle and hoped the other males would too.

"I'm fine, River." Abigail huffed. "But your ankle," she pointed but stopped as River shook his head, "it's already swollen."

Next update: March 21, 2024

I know this one was a little shorter but I've been working hard on some other things at the moment. I am still technically an "Official Wattpad Creator" but since my contract with them ended, I am no longer being paid. With that being said, I have decided to start publishing my works on Amazon  in SEPTEMBER, first on Kindle and then available for print purchase(formatting is going to be the death of me LOL). After I begin publishing on there, I will start to remove about half of my works on here. All things on Amazon will be edited and finished. 

 I appreciate all of the support you guys have given me and I am so thankful for each and every one of you. Thank you guys so much! 

Sending you my love and all the good vibes!

~Autumn ♥

Sasquatch - Edge Of The ForestOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara