20.

The fast-paced heartbeat had filled the tiny room and Abigail closed her eyes to listen to it.

There had been a chance it was Scott's. Abigail was sure if the lady had told her she was over four months, she was going to pass out and possibly die from the terror.

No...

There was no denying it now. The baby measured about eight weeks. She had created a child with one of her giant sexy men in the forest and she was happy.

Dr. Casafont had printed her the sonogram pictures, gave her some sample prenatal vitamins, and handed her several resources for food, domestic violence help, and shelters. "If you need anything, call." She offered another soft smile before patting her on the knee and leaving.

Abigail paid the receptionist for the visit and quickly made her way outside.

The people looked at her with contempt and one even went as far as whispering, "Baby Killer" as she passed.

Ignoring them, Abigail thought of her next move. She shook the pill bottle in her hand as she ducked inside the car, locking the doors as soon as it was shut.

I need a shower...

Abigail looked up hotels along the way but she realized after thumbing through the quick search, they were going to require a credit or debit card and an ID. Without a doubt, she knew the minute she used one of her cards or put her ID in someone's system, it was going to flag something.

~~~~~~

Cypress sat alone inside their cave, staring at the long burnt-out fire pit. No one seemed too worried about eating. No one seemed concerned about their dwindling stockpile with the upcoming winter approaching quickly. Already the nights grew colder, as did the cave. During the summer, it stayed cool but when the temperature started to drop, the inside almost felt damp and that was a recipe for more sickness.

His brothers sat outside in the rain on the cliff overlooking the river. Rowan was convinced he had heard their father and others predict Abigail's return.

Cypress was certain returning was not something she would be capable of. When he found her she was practically dead. If he had left her, Cypress was positive she would have choked on the water in her lungs. Rowan was bent on it. He swore up and down Abigail was on her way and carrying a child of theirs nonetheless.

What puzzled Cypress the most was Pine. He was going with it as if Rowan wasn't talking out of his head.

Their red-headed brother was speaking more clearly than he had ever in his life. His stutter seemed to have been stopped by something and the only hint of his weird movements was a twitch in his eyebrow, which happened from time to time.

Pine had followed Rowan to the cliff. Cypress was worried Rowan was going to jump, struck by too much grief from their loss of the female. He was sure half of Pine's motivation to sit with Rowan was to make sure the second oldest of their clan didn't hurt himself in one way or another. Pine had always been always skeptical.

There's no way he truly believes Rowan...

Cypress thought about what he would do when his brothers eventually returned home. They blame me for her being taken.

Looking down at the firepit, he pushed some kindling to the middle and held the rocks tight in his hands. Cypress didn't understand half of anything anymore. Rowan and Pine doted on the female as if she were given to them personally by the ancestors. Their entire lives revolved around when she woke and when she slept. Abigail had been allowed to do whatever, whenever she wanted and one of them always jumped to her call.