19.

Oh my gosh! I had scheduled it to publish and it told me it did it! Posting from my phone, so ignore typos!! So sorry for the delay and soo thankful for the messages letting me know it was missing!!!  ~Autumn

The paranoia did not end after leaving the credit union with her ten thousand dollars tucked with the rest of the fifty given to her by Brooke.

Abigail wasn't entirely sure why she needed the money but she was damn sure neither her mother nor Scott was gonna get it.

Safely two hours away from her hometown, Abigail made sure the volume was turned up on her cheap smartphone so she could hear the directions to the pregnancy clinic. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as she drove, keeping a watchful eye out for any sort of vehicle that looked shady.

After finishing off the beef jerky, which held nothing to the jerky Pine made, Abigail chugged some water wishing the nausea that swelled in her chest would go away. She had looked up a few remedies but her brain couldn't relax enough to even comprehend half of what the tiny lit-up text read.

She did her best to think out her plan.

Get back to the forest.

That's all she could truly think about. Abigail had no idea about anything else. She did her best to try and work it through her mind, but as she numbly turned into the parking lot of the pregnancy clinic, her eyes roamed over the small group of ten, give or take a few, people who stood outside holding signs and chanting.

Unsure of what was going on, Abigail sucked on her teeth and doubled checked her GPS, and then peered up at the dull sign on the top of the doctor's office building that simply read, "PREGNANCY CLINIC".

Her arrival hadn't gone unnoticed by the small assembly, who turned their signs toward her.

"Love Life! Choose Life!"

"Heartbeat = Life"

"Abortion is MURDER!"

"You don't have to do this! Ask me for help!"

"The baby can't choose!"

"Pro-Life!"

Abigail held her breath as their chants came muffled. "What?" Scared she had made some sort of mistake, she quickly researched the clinic.

A clinic created to help women of all backgrounds make informed decisions about their health. We provide pregnancy testing, early scans, STD testing, abortions, birth control, etc...

Oh. Abigail sighed as she hit the home button and closed her phone. She hated they thought she was there to have an abortion. "I wonder if they know this place does other things?" She whispered and geared herself to get out of the car. She grabbed her purse and clutched it to her chest as she opened the car door and climbed out.

~~~~~

"Put your furs on." Pine's normally deep and authoritative voice, came out in a croak as he pushed Rowan's fur toward him.