1.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute." Abigail whispered urgently to Scott and held her hands out to him. "Wait, Scott."

The couple glanced over to the group of Scott's friends that had come out to join them.

Scott kept the smile plastered onto his face as he untied his rented blue kayak from the weirdly placed travel rack on top of their fancy rental car. "What is it now?" He asked harshly, but his face remained frozen in happiness. He nodded his head as one of his buddies called out and said something that was supposed to be funny. He chuckled and then continued to fuss with a knot he had tied too tight. "What?" His voice was low.

"You said we were going white water rafting?" Abigail looked down and pulled her bathing suit shirt down. It was riding up from the life jacket she insisted on wearing. She didn't care if no one else was wearing one, she knew for a fact she wasn't the greatest swimmer and would likely drown if she was thrown from the raft, but as the day continued she realized there was no raft. There were no helmets. There was no guide.

Scott turned so no one could see him as he frowned at Abigail. "Are you really going to do this? You knew this was the one thing I wanted to do and everyone from work is here. You're going to embarrass me?"

Abigail looked down at her pink swim shoes. She knew Scott was under some stress. He was a very busy salesman for the lumberyard in their home town and this vacation was one he had wanted to go on for years. At first, Abigail was excited and all about it. She wanted to see the sights and experience everything with him, but she still had a bad taste in her mouth from a few days ago when she caught Scott saddled up at the hotel bar with an extremely attractive woman.

He called her crazy and said she was overreacting, but Scott had no idea she had seen the woman lean over and whisper something into his ear that must have been very interesting due to the way his light blonde eyebrows shot up. It was seductive. Even someone on the border of blindness could have spotted it a mile away. Abigail contained her hurt and anger as she came around the corner and locked eyes with Scott. He had quickly moved away but the woman seemed unfazed as Abigail walked up to them. The seductive woman looked her up and down lazily, smiling as if she had no worries. She placed the olive that was on the end of a toothpick from her drink between her lips and ran her tongue around it.

They didn't argue, but Abigail did point out he had been flirting. Scott denied it so hard, his face turned a weird shade of purple. She couldn't shake the feeling that he and the pretty black-haired girl walking up to them now, had something going on.

"Scoootttttyy!" The woman threw her hands up and almost went to hug Scott, before noticing Abigail. She saved herself by putting them into her hair and taking her down "thrown together" ponytail. She gave Abigail a squinty smile. "I didn't know you were coming." She said curtly.

"Yeah," Abigail adjusted her swim shirt once again, "my New Year's resolution is to try new things. When Scott asked me to come on this trip, I thought it was the world's way of telling me to get it done." She chuckled.

"Usually everyone wants to lose weight." She stretched her back and kept it arched for a moment too long. She huffed when she returned to her normal position. "I think everyone could make a little improvement in that area."

Abigail always felt when the women who had the "perfect" bodies made such a comment, it was truly them throwing shade at everyone else who had more weight on them than themselves. It was hard to see how this slim, toned, beach body of a woman from HR needed to make any improvement. "How so?"

"Huh?" The black-haired beauty's head nearly snapped as she looked at Abigail.

"I said, I'm Abigail." She begrudgingly stuck her hand out.