3.

Hearing the roaring voices of her parents made Abigail want to scream. All she wanted to do was sleep and it seemed like the nights she needed the rest the most, they had some sort of issue.

How many more times could they go through the same arguments?

There wasn't enough money for the lights. The fridge was nearly empty and the food stamps wouldn't be in for another week. Behind a month on the rent, but paid the landlord just enough to keep him from going to the courthouse to file for an eviction notice.

Ope, Mom went through Dad's phone and found incriminating text messages.

How many more nights will I have to lay here and listen to this? Abigail moaned as she moved her pounding head. She couldn't wait for the day she was able to move out and...

Her eyes hurt as she attempted to open them. For just a moment, it was like she had gone back to the past or perhaps her entire life had been some sort of weird dream and she hadn't aged up, moving on to better things. Abigail had always worried that somehow she was just in a coma and she was going to wake back up after two weeks, already having lived her life. It was terrifying.

Moaning as she turned her head against her soft pillow, she felt the furriness of her blankets. Abigail's head was killing her. "Scott?" Surely he would hear her and come to check. She felt like she had been hit by a bus and usually, when she felt this way it was the flu coursing its way through her body. A fever reducer would help greatly and she knew Scott wouldn't be able to stay home, but he would end up calling her work as she could barely lift her hand. "Scott?" Her voice croaked.

Gravity seemed to be pushing down all around her.

Abigail forced her eyes open as she heard something that could only be described as a growling, echo inside her head. Staring up at the ceiling that had once been painted white, she narrowed her eyes as it now looked like gray stone. As if someone was holding her shoulders down, Abigail did her best to look to her left and right.

"What?" She froze as nothing seemed familiar. She felt like she was in some sort of twilight zone. She was hallucinating. Stuck in a dream. Unable to get the rest of her body to wake, her brain was playing tricks on her. Abigail gripped the furry blankets and raised them to inspect the material that she realized was way different than the ones she owned. The warm brown sheets below her were not sheets but reminded her of deer hide.

ROAR! GRUNT! GROWL!

Abigail held her breath as she winced when the loud noises echoed through her head again, creating a pulse that sent shockwaves through her brain. She was going to need that pain reliever soon. In her foggy and confused state, Abigail raised from the unfamiliar bed and opened her eyes wide in shock.

Not one. Not two. But three hairy monsters were standing at the edge of her bed roaring at one another, raising their fists as if about to strike one another.

Abigail took a deep breath and whimpered when they all turned to look at her. She screamed and scrambled up out of the bed of furs she had been laying on. Her body shook. She found herself back against the cool stone.

The three monsters didn't move.

Abigail shook her head in disbelief and closed her eyes just enough to see where she was going - barely. As she made her way, inching against the wall, the beasts she was somehow now with, moved away from her in unison.

Letting out another blood-curdling scream, Abigail darted out of the opening running face first into another stone wall...

~~~~~