31.

Ninety percent of the time, Abigail would forget she wasn't a sasquatch. Despite being totally human and completely vulnerable, the giant men around her looked normal and safe. She had seen Pine take a massive log lying on the ground and toss it at a bear in the middle of their travels and it was just a brief reminder that if he wanted to do the same to her, he could. These three sasquatches chose to not end her life every single day and to see them use their entire strength, Abigail was sure it wouldn't take much effort on their part to squish her head like a grape.

After a few moments of tender kisses, Abigail had awoken to Rowan washing her with a hot cloth and smiling at her. He helped her up and held up a pair of panties he had cleaned for her the night before. Though his deep growls would sound like nonsense to someone else, Abigail was sure he was asking if she wanted them on.

Grunting as she held on for dear life to lift her leg, Abigail felt a sudden weight in her lower stomach. She stilled, as did Rowan, and placed her hand in the spot where the tiny knot had formed. Abigail hardly took a breath as she felt something that could only be described as butterfly wings move inside of her. She looked up at Rowan with her mouth open and face flushed. Panic spread through her chest like wildfire.

Rowan shared her look of concern and then locked eyes with Pine. His shoulder rolled on its own. "Something is wrong." He got out before his eyes started to twitch.

Pine dropped his sack and stomped over. He clenched his mouth shut and took Rowan's spot. He locked eyes with his mate and kept the air about him calm, even though his inside felt like a million degrees.

Abigail took Pine's steady hand and looked him in the eye. "It's like a cramp... And then something brushing me on the inside." She hiccupped, wishing the tears would stop as they came from her now. "Do you think something is wrong?"

"Little Flower," Pine cooed, "come here." He cupped her bottom and pulled her to him. He kissed her nose before pushing his ear against her lower abdomen. He couldn't handle it if something was wrong. Pine needed their child to be ok. As he held his breath and stilled his own heart, a tiny flutter came from the halfling. It was strong and proud. It was moving all over, toying with one of his fathers' ears. Playing games already as if it sensed Pine's presence.

Taking a moment longer, Pine felt Abigail semi-relax in his grip.

The cramp had gone. The fluttering against her skin had calmed.

Pine moved away, smiling at Abigail. The poor female was scared and if he was going to be honest, so was he. Traveling with a human female already posed a risk. Traveling with a pregnant human female who had no idea what they said to her??? Seemed even more dangerous than walking around outside with fur on. "Everything is fine. The halfling is playing a game."

Abigail searched his face for any hint of uncertainty. "The baby is ok?" She asked quietly, embarrassment flooded her chest as her overreacting came to settle in the place of fear.

Pine nodded and glanced up at Rowan, who now looked relieved. "Everything is fine. Everything is going to be fine." Movement by the threshold to the back caverns caught his eye. He looked over as Cypress set his sack down, announcing he was ready to go. Pine held back his sigh, sharing another smile with Abigail. "All is ok."

~~~~~~

Abigail loved it when one of her men carried her. It was a luxury that girls who weighed over one hundred eighty pounds never really got to experience and if they did... The fellow doing the lifting probably complained of backaches later. That was if he didn't groan the entire time you were in his arms, even if for only a moment or two.