41

Chapter 41: Okkotsu Yuta

2016-2017
Yuta is being held in detention while Satoru Gojo debates his fate with the Jujutsu Council. He argues that the boy shouldn't be executed as he was in control of the curse and consented to its manifestation. His power is immense, able to turn the tables on three grade 2 sorcerers as well as a grade 1 sorcerer, which was why he was placed in Gojo's care. Gojo decides that Yuta will attend Tokyo's Jujutsu High.

Asami was informed of the new student enrolling into the school, although spending even more time in Satoru's presence would be difficult. The sensei wore the normal jujutsu high uniform with a tight skirt that reached almost to her knees and a comfortable zip-up with her red hair rested on her side, braided with two strands of hair in front of her eyes and a mask that covered the lower half of her face.

Just as she opened her mouth and was about to inform her three students, the first-years; Panda, Maki Zen'in and Toge Inumaki, about a new classmate, Asami was cut of by the sound of the doors open. The next thing she knew, a white bush covered her sight of the students and his annoying voice filled her ears.

"I'll now be introducing the transfer student! Everyone, get excited!" Satoru yelled and placed three fingers next to his face. Asami's eye twitched from anger and her right palm flew to Satoru's face. She stepped in front of him as he was slammed into the wall behind her.

"Ow, Asami-chan!" He yelled out a cry of pain who was quickly silenced by Asami's deathly glare. "Anyway, come on in!" Satoru spoke and the doors opened.

The students are not so excited, with Maki and Toge commenting. Yuta hesitates as he walks in, sensing the mood. Immediately, Rika's presence is known to the first-year sorcerers and they spring into action, cornering Yuta against the chalkboard before he can even introduce himself.

Maki scolds Yuta for attending Jujutsu High with a cursed spirit. Gojo explains how 10,000 mysterious deaths in Japan every year are due to curses, which are manifested by the negative emotions of people. Among these are also malicious cases caused by curse users. Jujutsu High is where select people are taught to exorcise the curses. All students are shocked that Yuta is just finding this out now.

"Maki." Asami spoke with a cold and angered voice. Everyone's glance turned to her as she stood beside Gojo. Slowly lifting her head, Asami snapped her emerald irises open who were replaced by glowing white eyes.

A peduncle emerged from her back and grabbed the weapon that was beside Yuta's head. It held the tool beside Asami who closed her eyes once again and lowered her head to the side.

"Your own sensei is a curse, so I suggest you all keep quiet. Not knowing how powerful he is, but sensing his cursed energy...It wouldn't be smart to-" Before Asami could finish her sentence, Rika emerges briefly and warns them not to bully him.

What the hell?! What is this?! Asami thought to herself and was about to intervene just for her to be stopped by Satoru's grip around her wrist and a shook of a head.