38

Chapter 38: DestinyAfter Gojo left, It was Reina's turn to visit her daughter

Chapter 38: Destiny
After Gojo left, It was Reina's turn to visit her daughter.

Asami laid peacefully in her bed with her eyes towards the ceiling, missing Gojo's warmth. All the thoughts ran through her head, will her mother think she's now weak? Why did she come?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the doors and the footsteps. Asami closes her eyes and lets out an exhale as Reina approached her,

"Mother." She opened her eyes and turned her head towards the woman who wore a forced kind smile. She was not capable of seeing her first child in this state.

"Hello, my rose."

Asami slightly smiles at the nickname. Reina stood on the side of her bed and scanned her daughter with her own eyes as half of her body was bandaged up and half of it mostly healed.

"Tell me, what happened?" Reina's smile fell as so did Asami's. The redhead thought of the last week's event as she explained the whole story, not involving her pregnancy in it.

Reina sighs sadly, "I'm sorry.." She whispered. Asami glances at her with confusion in her eyes as her mother couldn't even glance into her hurt eyes. "Why?" Was the only word that came out of her mouth.

"I didn't think Nobu came out that strong. It's sad what he did to you.."

Asami cocks her eyebrow with a scowl. "Of course, it is. Poor, weak Asami, not strong enough to win without a scratch."

Asami knew exactly what Reina meant with her words. She didn't imagine her daughter being so easily on the verge of death when she was trained for these fights her whole life.

"Asami, you used to be unstoppable-"

Asami snapped her head from the window she gazed out towards her mother cold expression. "Used to?" This angered the redhead as she slowly sit up on her bed and Reina stepped backwards. Asami ignored the pain that Nobu had given her as it was replaced by her mother's words.

"Nobu used to be a nobel, kind and strong man. You didn't see what he was capable of, and I finished him with the last ounce of my energy-" Her voice risen as she grabbed the edges of the bed and slowly stood up with the support,

"knowing he would come for the rest of you next if I didn't!"

Reina watched her daughter with disbelief as her legs trembled against the ground, "I..killed him! Not you, not the higher-ups, not Satoru...me."

Reina saw the fury in her eyes as she noticed the sudden cursed energy coming from her. No...it's not Rin's. It's Asami's cursed energy...It-It only grew stronger!

Reina noticed Asami's irises shine with the deadly red colour, "I was and still am unstoppable! especially for those pussies that call themselves the Higher-Ups! I, Asami Kamo Suzuki, will be respected by many and feared by every enemy!"

Her scream echoed through the hallways. Asami was quickly taken back by the sudden sharp pain that had hit her abdomen. She fell onto her knees, the grip on the edge of the bed released as her palms stopped her from falling completely against the concrete floor.

My baby.. She thought and placed her palm on the stomach before shutting her eyes, trying to ignore the pain.

"Asami, I am the first person that has all of the respect for you for every suffer you had encountered. The hatred by your own father, only at the end for him to die by the blade of your katana. The loss of your fiancé as he ended dying at the very own hands of the Queen of Curses. You were forced to grow up, not having a proper normal childhood."

Reina spoke clearly without a stutter while Asami panted on the floor, trying to catch her breath. "I know you think I find you weak without the curse inside of you..but, it's not true." She glanced down to the side sadly,

"Ever since you were born, I knew what you were destined to be. When I saw your immense speed and power in combats with my own eyes, your destiny was shown to me."

Asami lifted her head slowly with shock and pain on her expression. "What fucking destiny, mom?" She spoke with her teeth gritted as the pain slowly fainted.

"Sit, daughter. It's time that I tell of your use in this world." Reina simply spoke and lifted her hand, motioning to the bed behind her.

Asami did so and with a struggle, she sat back onto the bed as her mother sat in front of her. "I think, It's better that I show you."

Reina spoke and placed her index and middle finger on Asami's forehead before she even got the chance to react. Her eyes were filled with the white glow as her head snapped back with the touch on her stomach released.

Reina noticed it and closed her eyes as a diamond symbol had shown on her forehead. Asami was pulled back into the past, 1988- year when Reina was almost due with Asami.