30

TRIGGER WARNING: Alcohol

Chapter 30: Drowning

Asami stood there for the past few minutes still going over the letter. A firm pain caught her chest as she began to pant heavily. She held onto her chest and stumbled backwards with the letter still in her hand.

Asami felt confusion and hurt by this whole situation; finding out her dear friend and soon to be fiancé  died and now is alive. It was tough for her. First her father and then him. The red head was lost in her thoughts as her vision began to blur.

She lost it. Asami threw all the stuff from her kitchen counter onto the ground with the pictures. The glasses shattered and the knives thudded against the wooden floor.

She began to yell and trash her kitchen. Asami rested with her hands on the stove, her eyes glanced at the alcohol that was placed by the wall.

"Don't do it.." Rin called out for her, but she simply ignored. The sorcerer went through too much these past years, she needed something to drink her thoughts away.

Asami opened the bottle of whiskey and began to chug it down her throat. The bottle was almost half empty as she placed it onto the counter. Her breaths still heavy and her palm slowly grew into a fist.

The woman closed her eyes and started to drink again. She felt her throat burn as she finished the whole bottle which she soon smashed against the doors. Asami fell onto her knees and sobbed quietly, remembering all the memories of Nobu and herself.

"Satō Nobu?" Asami repeated with her hands rested together by her abdominal.

Her mother and herself walked through the garden of their house which were filled with multiple flowers. Asami wore a cream coloured kimono with flowers on it.

"Yes. Satō-kun is a very strong sorcerer himself, I think it would be better to wed you to him than to Gojo Satoru."

Asami was 15 years old and still too young to be married, but the sound of Gojo's name made her think. "I am still young to be married, mother."

Reina chuckled, "Well..yes, of course..But as soon as you turn 18 you two will get married."

Asami smiled lightly and looked at the sky. It reminded her off Satoru's eyes; full of blue colour which reminded her off the ocean and so many thoughts behind them.

Asami grabbed onto her head and thought about the time they met,

Suzuki family invited their dear friends to a welcoming dinner for the Satō family.

They all sat in the dining room as Gojo family had already arrived, without their only child; Satoru.

Satō family walked inside with Reina and Ikari as Asami stood up. Nobu lightly smiled at Asami as she noticed how handsome he was-being a complete opposite of Satoru.

He was dark-skinned, with chocolate eyes and brown hair.

"Suzuki-san, It's my pleasure to meet you." He spoke and bowed down before her. Asami smiled lightly and he grabbed her palm, placing a light kiss on her hand. The red hair was shocked by this.

Just as they sat down, Nobu and Asami next to each other, someone barged in.

Asami noticed the familiar white loose hair coming inside as she felt her heart speed up. "Oy, Suzuki-family, sorry I'm late!" He stumbled towards the table as his eyes landed on Asami's.

His parents glanced at him and back at the Suzuki daughter, The boy gasped in sarcasm.
"Asami-chan, You look so beautiful."

"Satoru! Behave yourself." His mother scolded. Asami cleared out her throat and excused herself before standing up. The red haired walked away quietly from the table.

Asami then thought about the night of his funeral.

Everyone was gathered around his stone-grave as his mother's cries were heard. Asami read what was written on it a hundred of times,

Satō Nobu
Son, Brother, Sorcerer and a fiancé.

The red head brushed off her tears and lifted her head up. She only saw Gojo's eyes looking at her. The two were good friends by the time they were already in a team with Geto who had left a month ago.

Asami picked up her head and left the funeral, not standing to have her soon to be husband 6ft underground and the boy she truly loved watching her.

____

An hour has passed and Satoru was standing in front of Asami's wide open doors of her apartment. He informed his palm into his fists and stepped inside. He walked to the kitchen where his eyes travelled to the broken whiskey bottle. He steps over behind the counter and his eyes widen at the scene in front of him.

Asami was passed out on the cold concrete floor with her one hand beside her head and the other behind her back. She was lying on her side with her red hair covering her face.

Gojo's fists relaxed as he crouched down to her in quick motion. His hands shaken as he moved her hair beside. Asami's body was limb while Gojo began to shake her. No reaction.

"Come on, Asi." He mumbled. Satoru began to check if she was still alive and a sight of relief escaped his mouth when he felt her breath.

He picked her into his hands and placed her onto the messy couch. Satoru straightened up and glanced around the area, seeing the whole apartment in a huge mess.

Feeling a touch onto his hand, he glances down, "Satoru.." Asami mumbled. Her lips covered from the scent of alcohol and her eyes closed. The man crouched down beside her and began to caress her hand,

"I'm here, Asi. It's alright.."

Asami breaths out a smile and opened her mouth to speak, "S-Satoru, He.."

"What?" Satoru furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Asami shut her eyes looking like she was in pain. She grabbed onto her stomach and brought her knees to her chest as she hugged them,

"The letter..pictures."

Satoru noticed her eyebrows relax and a light snore escaping her mouth. He glanced over the place where he had found her and was met with the letter and the same pictures.

His eyes widen as he noticed himself on them. Gojo grabbed the letter and read it carefully. The sorcerer carefully placed it back onto the table as he glanced towards sleeping Asami.

Satoru knew that the man won't let go of this easily, he was always jealous of his and Asami's relationship. Nobu will come and fight for Asami..or even try to kill them all.

The jujutsu world was unprepared for the new enemies arrival by the Shibuya accident. They didn't know what is coming at them, but what Satoru Gojo knew was..that he'll protect his students and Asami even if it means losing his own life.