37

Chapter 36: Bedridden Asami woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading her nostrils

Asami woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading her nostrils. The room was silent apart from her heavy breathing and the beep sound that came from the machines. She slowly opened her eyes, squinting- in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before her.

How long have I been here? She thought. Shutting her eyes and trying to remember what had exactly happened, until it hit her with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy her thoughts.

Her head pounded of pain as the memory crossed her mind. The fight between her and Nobu. Asami placed her cold palm on her covered stomach in worry. "Your baby is fine and well, Asami. I suppose you haven't told Satoru, yet?"

Her head slowly turned to the voice that approached her only for it to be Ieiri Shoko, her childhood friend.

Asami sighs as she pushed her body from the bed with her hands, in attempt to sit up. Ieiri helps and slowly places her against the pillow. "So Nobu was right..I am carrying Satoru's child." She sighs out.

"It's important to let him know, Asami. No matter how scared both of you will be." Ieiri spoke as the red head nodded. Shoko informs her about the multiple voices that came from outside of her room.

"Tell him to come inside." Asami spoke and with the help of Ieiri, sat on the side of the bed with her back faced against the doors.

Ieiri nods and turns on her heel, approaching the doors. Asami only heard them opening and closing and a minute of silence before they did the same thing again.

Satoru sadly watched Asami's back as her head was tied around in multiple white bandages that surrounded and covered the area of her forehead and ears. He slowly approached her from behind before taking a seat in the armchair in front of where she sat.

Asami was sitting there in silence, her gaze on her hands as she picked the skin off of the side of her nails. "How are you feeling, Asi?"

Satoru broke the silence and rested his elbows onto his knees as he leaned forward, trying to get a good view of her face. He kept his hands together as Asami's heart tightened at the sound of the nickname only he calls her.

"Sore..but, I can handle it."

Her voice was quiet and raspy, her gaze still on her lap. Satoru nods and stands up-grabbing the cup of water that was on one of the nightstands, "I know you can." He hands it to her.

Asami slowly lifted her hand as it trembled, the water almost spilling. Satoru noticed that and sat down by her side before helping her slowly bring the cup to her mouth as she held it with both of her shaking hands.

After drinking it whole, Asami held it in her lap. "How are you?" She questioned out of blue. "Tired...but, I can handle it. I have this thing called Asami-omnia, I can't sleep without a particular Asami by my side."

Satoru chuckled out and noticed the edge of her lips turn into a smile. Asami's expression fell as she let out a sigh, "What is it?"

Gojo questions. Asami slowly placed the cup on her nightstand and rested back into her bed, carefully. "Who came?" She questions with her eyes shut as she felt her mother's cursed energy. Satoru didn't find an answer to lie, so he simply told her the truth.

"Reina. She's probably worried about you, Asami."

Asami sighs and slowly opens her eyes as they met the ceiling. "I know..I don't need that."

Satoru was confused by her answer, "I don't want her to see me in this state. In this weak state where I can't even stand on my own."

Silence overwhelmed the room. Gojo placed his hands onto hers. Asami looks up from the ceiling and down to their arms as she interlocked her fingers with his before glancing to him.

Asami motioned with her other hand for Satoru to bring his face closer as he did so. She ran her bandaged hand across his blindfold and down to his cheek,

"Asami-"

"Shh, I want to look at them and not some black cloth." She mumbled. Satoru noticed as her gaze had softened and she slowly stroked his cheek with her thumb. "You're freezing." She mumbles.

Asami slowly placed her other palm on the blindfold and gently pulled it down with both of her hands. Gojo fluttered his eyes open after the cloth caressed his face and rested on his neck. The red head smiled slightly at the sight before motioning him to lay with her.

Gojo tried to interfere, claiming she must still be in pain. "You said you have Asami-omnia. I'm helping you get rid of it."

Satoru hummed as his lips carved into a smile before laying down next to the woman. Asami placed her head carefully on his collar bone as he wrapped his left arm around her body. Their presences warming each other.

Gojo had his other arm behind his head while Asami had hers tucked closer to her chest while the other nicked the strings of his uniform.

"Satoru.." She started.

"Hm?"

"After I get out of this hospital..we need to talk."

Her words felt like a venom to Gojo Satoru. He tensed up in thought, he did something wrong. Asami felt it and lifted her head before burying it into the crook of his neck.

"Don't worry," She placed a soft kiss onto his jawline, "It's nothing bad."

Satoru relaxed at her touch and placed a comforting kiss on the top of her head as he caressed her arm carefully. He felt at peace again as so did she.