Chapter 33

A week has passed and Sana still hasn't revealed herself to her biological family as Seoyoon. Y/N is starting to find it suspicious. Sana's just watching her parents' and Nayeon's every move from afar but she's not doing anything about it. If this continues like this, Y/N will have to reveal everything herself.

Right now she just came back to the station after having gone out for an investigation. The moment she entered the station, she got approached by her team leader, Kangmin. 

"Y/N-ah, there's a woman causing a scene in Minji's department. Can you go help them out? They can't seem to calm her down." Y/N is actually one of the best when it comes to calming people down so whenever there are people who cause a scene at the station, they ask Y/N to help out.

"Oh yeah, I'll go there right now sunbaenim." Y/N nodded and made her way to the drug department. She did indeed hear a woman yelling and Minji and Sua trying to calm her down. When she got closer, she saw the person she feared to see in this setting. It's Mrs. Im...

Y/N didn't think the woman would be here again but she is. Y/N immediately turned around and wanted to leave but it was too late. The woman already saw her.

"Y/N, is that you? What are you doing here? Don't tell me Nayeon send you here instead of coming herself?" The woman questioned.

"I... Yeah, Nayeon will be here too it's just that I'm earlier." Y/N lied and she pleaded with her eyes for Minji and Sua to help her out and luckily they understood what she meant. But unfortunately Y/N's plan didn't succeed since her other colleagues are not aware of what is happening.

"Y/N-ssi, can you handle these files once you're done here? It's about the case you're investigating." One of her colleagues approached her and handed her some files.

"Wait, wait, wait. You work here?"

"Oh no she doesn't. It's the first time we see her." Minji decided to help her out.

"Then why did that woman approach you and give you those files? She also said something about a case. Don't tell me you're a cop?" Mrs. Im's expression totally changed. She seems angry.

"I... euhm..." Y/N doesn't really know how to save herself from this situation.

"I'm right. You are a cop. I can't believe this." The woman started laughing. "For once I thought my daughter did something good by dating you and it turns out she's dating a cop??"

"What's wrong with cops? We're just doing our job." Sua questioned.

"Yeah right. Doing your job." The woman rolled her eyes.

"You can't date my daughter you know that right? I won't allow her to date you." She approached Y/N and stood right in front of her.

"Mrs. Im, it's best if we talk about this somewhere else. This isn't the right place." 

"What's going on here?" Nayeon approached them. She was called by the station that her mom is once again arrested. She was really hoping for her mom and girlfriend to not have met here but unfortunately they have. This is a really bad situation.

"And the culprit has arrived." Mrs. Im raised her voice seeing Nayeon.

"I'm sorry I didn't know she was here and she saw me." Y/N mumbled to Nayeon who stood next to her so that only she would hear.

"It's okay, we'll handle this." Nayeon sighed. "Can you tell me why she's here again?" She asked Minji and Sua.

"We found drugs on her." Minji explained and showed her a bag of cocaine. 

"W-what? Drugs? Mom don't tell me you're on drugs?" Nayeon approached her mother.

"You really have no right to question me when you've been hiding the fact that you're dating a cop from me."