Chapter 35

Y/N and Nayeon are now on their way to visit Y/N's family in Gapyeong. Both of them are worried about what's going to happen so it's been quiet in the car ever since they departed. Y/N noticed how Nayeon was playing with her fingers indicating that she's nervous.

"It'll be fine, love. Don't worry too much." Y/N held her hands with her right hand while the left hand was on the steering wheel.

"I'm trying not to worry but I'm failing very badly." The cashier admitted.

"No matter what happens I will always be by your side, just remember that okay?" Y/N said and kissed her girlfriend's hand.

After about ten minutes the couple arrived in front of the house. They both got out of the car and rang the doorbell. Nayeon's heart might jump out of her chest. She's not just nervous but also scared. Y/N has a big family and it's quite intimidating. Nayeon never had to introduce herself to this many people before.

"Oh Y/N-ah, you're here. And this must be Nayeon. Nice to meet you Nayeon-ssi. I'm Yuri, Y/N's sister-in-law." The woman extended her hand for a hand shake and Nayeon accepted it. "Come in." She widened the door and the couple entered.

"Everyone is here. We were waiting for you to start preparing dinner. They're all in the living room."

"Alright, follow me." Y/N told her girlfriend and the three went to the living room. The moment they entered, everyone stood up. Y/N's parents, her two brothers, her little nephew and her other sister-in-law. They introduced themselves one by one and Nayeon feels her face reddening. All eyes are naturally on her and she feels self conscious. 

After introducing themselves quickly, they all sat down together for dinner.

"She's really pretty. Good catch." Yuri whispered to Y/N and winked at her. She's sitting right across Y/N. 

"It must feel overwhelming to meet all of us at one." Jaehyun noticed.

"Actually Nayeon met Minjun before." Y/N caressed the little boy's head who was sitting next to her.

"Oh she did? When did that happen?"

"When you came to Seoul a while ago and I had to take care of Minjun. We went to visit Nayeon at work."

"What do you do for work, Nayeon-ah?" Y/N's mother asked.

"I work at a convenience store." Nayeon replied and that was not a reply that the family expected. They were thinking for her to have a high earning job.

"Oh are you like a manager or something? Or do you own one?" Mr. Park asked.

"Oh no, I'm just... a cashier." Nayeon knows that they will look down on her because of her job but she can't lie about it.

"She's a cashier at my favorite convenience store and she does a really good job at it." Y/N can see the expression on the faces of her family members so she's trying to save the situation.

"I'm guessing you don't have a college degree?" Jiho, Y/N's other brother asked.

"No, I don't." Nayeon shook her head before continuing to eat.

"Why may I ask?" 

"Because I didn't find it necessary." The woman replied with a harsh tone.

Y/N just sighed internally hearing that. For some people that reply might not sound that rude but to her family it is definitely a rude reply and the harsh tone just adds to that. Y/N knows that Nayeon didn't intend to be rude, it's just the way she talks but her family will definitely think of it otherwise.

"What do your parents do for work?" Jaehyun asked before he continued to eat.

"Maybe we shouldn't interrogate her like this." Jiho's wife suggested.