Chapter 17

When Nayeon and her boss came to the station, Y/N told them to sit down in front of her desk. Nayeon looks like she hasn't slept all night. Her lip is bruised and she has a cut on her face. Seems like Nayeon took off the band aid that Y/N put on for her. It made Y/N sad to see her like this. The elegant looking Nayeon seems to have disappeared since yesterday.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked Nayeon in worry to which she just nodded. At this point Jihyo also joined them and sat next to Y/N.

"Just hurry up, you're wasting my time here." Nayeon's boss said.

"An assault happened at your store last night, don't you want for us to punish the guy who caused all of this?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't really care. All I want if for me to go back to my store, take care of all the damages and open it up again. We've been closed for 12 hours now, do you know how bad that is for business?" 

"We're well aware of the damage done to your store, sir. You can get compensated for all the damage if you just work along right now." Jihyo told him. "You won't get anything if you keep slowing us down."

"No, I won't get anything if I actually work with you." The stubborn man said and Y/N could see on Nayeon's face that she's really worried.

"Can we talk in private for a bit, sir?" Y/N stood up. The man hesitated but agreed eventually. Y/N and the man walked to another room while Jihyo and Nayeon stayed behind.

"Look sir. Last night's case was not just a regular case where a guy just tries to hit on a few girls. He touched the victims, threatened them and hit them as well. This is clear assault and an attempt at rape. These girls, including your employee, have been traumatized. Imagine if it were your wife or your daughter that had to go through this. I know business is important, but justice is also important. The safety of your customers and employees is also important. The guy that we're talking about has been involved in multiple assault cases before, he was accused of rape twice and his wife is trying to get a divorce from him because he's abusive. He keeps getting away with everything because there's no evidence but right now there is." Y/N has to approach him in a very calm way so he will actually listen to her.

"Right now there are three victims instead of one. The two other victims have already spoken up, so we have their testimonies. It's really of great importance that Nayeon-ssi shares her story too. She wants to share it but she's scared that she'll lose her job. So the way this case turns out is all in your hands. If you let her speak up this case can take a turn."

"Would that even be enough evidence? Just three girls saying they were assaulted?"

"Well, I'm a witness of what happened so my testimony is also very important. And also... I saw that you have cameras in your store. If you give us the CCTV and the footage shows that he did in fact assault them, you could save all those women that were hurt by him before and you could prevent him hurting anyone else in the future." That CCTV footage will solve everything.

"And what will happen then? Let's say I let Nayeon speak to you and I give you the footage. What will I get out of it? I don't want everyone to find out about this case. People won't step a foot in my store if they hear that women got assaulted there."

"I promise we will solve this case quietly. No one will find out about it. I already made sure that the press doesn't hear anything about this and as long as you do as we say, no one will find out about this. Once you give us the footage, the guy will be seen guilty since there will be enough evidence and the law will decide what will happen to him. Either way both you and the victims will be compensated for the damage that was done. So by working along, you can get money out of this but if you don't then you won't get any compensation and I won't stand in the way of the press of making this case public. I do see that all you care about is getting compensated for the damages and this case not getting out there. Well the only way you'll get what you want is by working along."