Chapter 11

It's Friday, meaning that Y/N has to go to Minsu's school to see if those bullies kept their word and replaced Minsu's phone. She went there in the morning and when she arrived, she saw four out of the seven bullies waiting at the place they met last time, including the leader. They did as they were told and bought a new phone for Minsu. Y/N thinks she scared them enough already so she just told them one last time to behave and left afterwards.

She took the phone to Mr. Kim to make sure that there isn't anything suspicious about it and luckily there wasn't. So when school hours ended, Y/N went there again to give Minsu his new phone. She waited for him outside of the school and it took him about 10 minutes to show up.

"Y/N noona? What brings you here?" He approached her.

"I have something to tell you. Do you want to go to the nearby cafe?"

"O-oh yeah, sure. Nothing bad happened I hope?" 

"No, no, don't worry. Let's go." Y/N patted his arm and they went to the nearby cafe and sat down.

"Order whatever you want, it's on me." She informed and they ordered afterwards.

"C-can you tell me why we're here? I'm getting a bit nervous." Minsu asked.

"You don't have to be nervous. i just wanted to give you this." She took out the box from her bag and put it on the table in front of him.

"What's this?" The boy raised his eyebrows.

"Your new phone." Y/N smiled.

"You didn't have to get me a new phone. I can't accept this, I'm sorry. I'll buy myself a new one when I have enough money." He pushed the box towards Y/N.

"I didn't get you this. Your bullies did." The cop pushed the box back towards Minsu.

"W-what?"

"Since they broke your phone, I asked them to replace it. After all they're rich kids, I don't think they had trouble in doing so. They don't know how valuable these things are because they're rich and they think they can just break someone elses' personal belongings with no consequences. So I made them buy you a new phone. It's the least they can do after all they did to you."

"I don't know if I should have this. What if they use this to bully me again?" He worried.

"They won't. I already checked the phone, there's nothing suspicious about it so there's nothing to worry about. They haven't been bullying you again, right?"

"No, they don't even come near me." 

"Exactly. And the moment they do, you will call me with this phone. I put a sim card in it and my number is also in it so you can call me anytime."

"Thank you, really. Thanks to you I enjoy going to school again and I feel much happier." Minsu revealed. "Honestly I was so depressed and sad that I didn't even want to live anymore but you changed all of that so thank you." He bowed.

"You don't have to thank me, Minsu-yah. It's my job to protect you."

"Still, many teachers and cops turn a blind eye to this but you didn't. You're a good cop." Y/N smiled upon hearing that. She just wishes that everyone would think that way.

"Thank you for saying that." Y/N drank her coffee.

"Can I ask you for one last favour?" 

"Of course, go ahead."

"Can you let me meet the woman that I stole the phone from? I feel really bad that I didn't get to apologize. I want to apologize so I can forgive myself." The student explained.