Chapter 40

Right now Minji, Sua, Mingyu and Jihyo are at the hospital. Y/N was immediately taken into the emergency room and Jihyo made sure to call Y/N's parents to inform them about their daughter. Her family immediately departed but since they live in Gapyeong it will take them about an hour to get here.

"I also called Dahyun and Tzuyu." Jihyo told them.

"Did you call Nayeon?" Minji asked.

"Oh no, I didn't. I should call her as well right?"

"Yeah, it would be the right thing to do." Minji nodded and Jihyo called Nayeon. When Nayeon heard the news her heart dropped. She had a bad feeling about this mission from the first time she heard it. She immediately called a taxi and went to the hospital.

When she arrived, all of Y/N's friends were there but her family wasn't there yet. 

"H-how is she?" Nayeon asked Tzuyu and Dahyun with tears in her eyes.

"She's in critical condition. They will probably have to perform surgery." Dahyun said looking down and this made Nayeon's tears fall. They are all extremely worried and scared.

After about ten minutes, Y/N's parents, brothers and sister-in-laws came running into the hospital.

"What happened? Minji-yah? What's going on?" Mrs. Park ran to Minji when she saw how Minji was covered in blood.

"I-I'm sorry. I couldn't protect her, I'm sorry." Minji said and cried heavily. Mrs. Park pulled her into a hug and started to cry as well. Minji has blood all over her hands and clothes which Nayeon can guess is Y/N's blood. 

"is she in the emergency room now?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yeah, they said the doctor will be here to explain any minute." Sua informed and after about five minutes the doctor did indeed come.

"Doctor, how is she? What's going on?" Mr. Park asked him and everyone surrounded him. 

"We will need to perform surgery on her. She's in a very critical condition."

"W-will she survive?" Jaehyun asked.

"She has a 40% chance of surviving. We will do anything we can to save her but... I can't promise anything." Hearing this some of them started to cry while others were trying very hard to not burst into tears. "Since we can't get consent from the patient we will need it from you. You're her parents right?" He turned to Mr. and Mrs. Park.

"Do whatever you have to do to save her. We don't care about the cost. Just save her." Y/N's father said to which the doctor nodded.

"Then I will go now. It might take a while for the surgery to end so please be patient." And with that the doctor left. 

Nayeon just broke down and sat on the floor against the wall with her head between her knees, letting her tears fall. Y/N has a 40% chance of surviving. What will happen if Y/N dies? She won't be able to live without Y/N. 

"M-my daughter... You better survive Y/N-ah. Please survive. Don't leave us alone like this." Her mother cried heavily and her two sons made sure to calm her down and they made her sit next to Minji.

"H-how did this happen, Minji-yah? What went wrong?" Mr. Park asked her but Minji cried silently. She feels very guilty for what happened and can't bring herself to tell Y/N's family what actually happened.

"Why aren't you saying anything, Minji-yah? Please tell us what happened." Y/N's mother grabbed her arms but Minji continued to cry and couldn't speak up.

"Jihyo-yah, can you tell us what happened?" She turned to Jihyo. Jihyo looked at Sua and Mingyu and they both nodded indicating that she should just tell them.